The Best ArcGIS AlternativesTop GIS Software & Map Services like ArcGIS
QGIS, formerly Quantum GIS, is a user friendly open source Geographic Information System (GIS) licensed under the GNU General Public License that runs on Linux, Unix, Mac OSX, and Windows and supports numerous vector, raster, and database formats and functionalities.
Suggest and vote on features
- - QGIS is the most popular Windows, Android, Mac & Linux alternative to ArcGIS.
- - QGIS is the most popular Open Source & free alternative to ArcGIS.
Comments about QGIS as a Alternative to ArcGISAlmost everyone thinks QGIS is a great ArcGIS alternative.all • positive • negative relevance • date
QGIS runs on multiple platforms, has a strong community and is becoming more and more mature. You can do almost everything using QGIS and it integrates very well with GRASS and SAGA for additional power.0Guest
QGIS can read geodatabases. The software is frequently updated and print composer is very good alternative to ArcGIS for map layouts.4Guest
powerfull, stable, userfriendly, beautiful rendering and free.0Guest
The GUI is pretty simple and intuitive and it runs decent on windows (at least as fast as ArcMap), but on GNU/Linux it flies. And since the license is GPL you can use it for different purposes (from educational to research or commercial) without worrying for a sue.0Guest
yes. because for linux this is the only option available.-1Show more comments ▾5 of 10 comments
R is a free software environment for statistical computing and graphics. It is a GNU project which is similar to the S language and environment which was developed at Bell Laboratories (formerly AT&T, now Lucent Technologies) by John Chambers and colleagues. R can be consider.Suggest and vote on features
R (programming language) Features
Comments about R (programming language) as a Alternative to ArcGISpros, cons and recent comments
Even though this programming language is not specific to spatial data, the vast collection of R packages available for importing, processing, analysing, converting and visualising spatial makes it an excellent alternative that can create fully reproducible processes. Searching "R Spatial" online will bring up a wealth of books, tutorials and resources.0
GRASS GIS (Geographic Resources Analysis Support System) is an open source, free software (FOSS) Geographical Information System (GIS) with raster, topological, vector, image processing, and visualization functionality.GRASS GIS has no features, suggest some!
Opinions about GRASS GIS as a Alternative to ArcGISAlmost everyone thinks GRASS GIS is a great ArcGIS alternative.
The new standard for GIS software. Simple and powerful. Step into Atlas to explore, analyze and share geospatial data.
- - Atlas: GIS & Maps is the most popular SaaS alternative to ArcGIS.
The Placemark application. This is a web application that lets you import, create, export, visualize, and publish geospatial data. It supports many geospatial data formats, and many editing operations, both algorithmic, like buffering, and drawing-based.
Suggest and vote on features
- - Placemark is the most popular Self-Hosted alternative to ArcGIS.
Business mapping software (geographic information system) that delivers affordable, easy-to-use, professional mapping tools for mapping in these sectors: franchising, health care, business, territories, site selection, sales, marketing, banking, more.
Suggest and vote on features
- - Maptitude is the most popular Web-based alternative to ArcGIS.
- Route PlanningPlan and optimize your route with Maptitude to avoid traffic and save time.
- Ad-freeMaptitude doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- Nearby SearchMaptitude lets you search for places, services or people within a specified area.
- Import CSV DataMaptitude can import data from a CSV (Comma seperated values) file.
- GeotaggingMaptitude can add geographical metadata details to an image, file or data.
- Extensible by Plugins/ExtensionsMaptitude can be extended with add-ons, plugins and extensions.
- No Coding RequiredMaptitude can be used without an coding or programming skills.
- Points of Interest (POI)Maptitude shows you specific point locations of interest like restaurants, hospitals, gas stations, etc.
Comments about Maptitude as a Alternative to ArcGISpros, cons and recent comments
Same vector GIS functionality, easier to use, additional capabilities not in ArcGIS, excellent documentation and tech support ... less than 1/2 the price.0
PostGIS adds support for geographic objects to the PostgreSQL object-relational database. In effect, PostGIS "spatially enables" the PostgreSQL server, allowing it to be used as a backend spatial database for geographic information systems (GIS), much like ESRIs SDE...PostGIS has no features, suggest some!
Comments about PostGIS as a Alternative to ArcGISMost users think PostGIS is a great ArcGIS alternative.Guest
While PostGIS can collect GIS data, its primary functionality is that of a database and doesn't provide most of the feature set that ArcGIS has.4
PiinPoint helps scaling brands to make informed decisions about what markets to go to next and why. Our leading GIS analytics platform centralizes your real estate planning workflow for site selection, real estate approvals, network performance forecasting and store operations...
- - PiinPoint is the most popular commercial alternative to ArcGIS.
Global Mapper is a cutting-edge GIS software that provides both novice and experienced geospatial professionals with a comprehensive array of spatial data processing tools, with access to an unparalleled variety of data formats.Suggest and vote on features
Global Mapper Features
- Points of Interest (POI)Global Mapper shows you specific point locations of interest like restaurants, hospitals, gas stations, etc.