Open Source Apple Remote Desktop AlternativesRemote Desktop Tools and other similar apps like Apple Remote Desktop
The open source alternative to TeamViewer and AnyDesk. Display and control your PC and Android devices from anywhere at anytime. Works out of the box, no configuration required. You have full control of your data, with no concerns about security.
Suggest and vote on features
- - RustDesk is the most popular Self-Hosted alternative to Apple Remote Desktop.
- - RustDesk is the most popular Open Source alternative to Apple Remote Desktop.
- Unattended AccessRustDesk can access a computer even when no one’s being physically present at the remote end.
- No registration requiredYou can use most of the features in RustDesk without registration.
- Screen SharingYou can use RustDesk to share your screen with your colleages or friends.
- End-to-End EncryptionRustDesk has E2E Encryption, for entire or parts of the app.
- Desktop SharingRustDesk enables you to share your screen with other people in the same office or working remotely.
- LightweightRustDesk consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- Ad-freeRustDesk doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- PortableRustDesk can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
- Privacy focusedRustDesk is considered a privacy friendly alternative.
Remmina is a remote desktop client written in GTK. Remmina primarily targets system administrators and travelers that need to work with computers remotely in front of either large monitors or tiny netbooks.Suggest and vote on features
mRemoteNG is a fork of mRemote , an open source, tabbed, multi-protocol, remote connections manager.Suggest and vote on features
TightVNC is a free remote desktop application. With TightVNC, you can see the desktop of a remote machine and control it with your local mouse and keyboard, just like you would do it sitting in the front of that computer.Suggest and vote on features
- LightweightTightVNC consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- No registration requiredYou can use most of the features in TightVNC without registration.
- Works OfflineTightVNC can be used without the need to connect to the internet.
- PortableTightVNC can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
- Screen SharingYou can use TightVNC to share your screen with your colleages or friends.
- Desktop SharingTightVNC enables you to share your screen with other people in the same office or working remotely.
- Two-factor AuthenticationTightVNC supports two-factor authentication (2FA).
DWService is a half (only the client/agent) open source project which offers a service that allows access to remote systems (Windows, Mac, Linux, Raspberry...) using a standard web browser - without any component required on the client side.Suggest and vote on features
- Ad-freeDWService doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- Unattended AccessDWService can access a computer even when no one’s being physically present at the remote end.
- Two-factor AuthenticationDWService supports two-factor authentication (2FA).
- LightweightDWService consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
UltraVNC is easy to use and free software that can display the screen of another computer (via the Internet or a local network) on your own screen. The program allows you to use your mouse and keyboard to control the other computer remotely.Suggest and vote on features
Remotely is a free and open-source remote desktop, remote scripting, and rich auto-complete to maximize your IT support efficiency.Suggest and vote on features
TigerVNC is an advanced VNC implementation. It is based on the fourth generation of VNC. TigerVNC also includes features from the TightVNC and TurboVNC projects. This includes accelerated JPEG compression. TigerVNC supports the latest X.Org X server.Suggest and vote on features
xrdp provides a graphical login to remote machines using Microsoft Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP). xrdp accepts connections from a variety of RDP clients:Suggest and vote on features
A VNC/SSH Client for the GNOME Desktop
- You can connect to several machines at the same time with tabs
- You can keep track of your most used connections with favorites
- You can keep track of your recently used connections through GtkRecent
- You can browse your network f.
For developers, screen sharing shouldn’t be optimized for low bandwidth or presenting some slides. It should be high definition, that you still can read the tiny font of your colleague. No more, “wait a minute, the stream isn’t updating”.Suggest and vote on features
Dayon! is a user friendly, open-source, cross-platform solution, that allows controlling of remote computers. It can be used as free alternative to various commercial remote desktop and remote assistance products.Suggest and vote on features