What is aerc?
aerc is an email client that runs in your terminal. It's highly efficient and extensible, perfect for the discerning hacker.
- Editing emails in an embedded terminal tmux-style, allowing you to check on incoming emails and reference other threads while you compose your replies
- Render HTML emails with an interactive terminal web browser, highlight patches with diffs, and browse with an embedded less session
- Vim-style keybindings and ex-command system, allowing for powerful automation at a single keystroke
- First-class support for working with git & email
- Open a new tab with a terminal emulator and a shell running for easy access to nearby git repos for parallel work
- Support for multiple accounts, with support for IMAP, Maildir, SMTP, and sendmail transfer protocols
- CalDAV and CardDAV support for synchronizing contacts & calendar events
- Asynchronous IMAP support ensures the UI never gets locked up by a flaky network, as mutt often does
- Efficient network usage - aerc only downloads the information which is necessary to present the UI, making for a snappy and bandwidth-efficient experience
show full description ▾
aerc Desktop Screenshots and Videos
Suggest and vote on features
- Multiple Account supportaerc support multiple accounts without the need to logout and login
- Dark Modeaerc supports dark mode for comfortable usage in low light conditions.
- Command line interfaceaerc either have CLI support or is a CLI-only app.
- Lightweightaerc consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- Support for ThemesYou can use themes and templates to change the look and feel of aerc.
- Support for scriptingaerc supports scripts and macros to automate or customize tasks.
- Portableaerc can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
- LicensingOpen Source and Free product.
- RatingAverage rating of 4.7
- Alternatives53 alternatives listed
Our users have written 3 comments and reviews about aerc, and it has gotten 7 likes
aerc was added to AlternativeTo by on and this page was last updated .