Open Source Apps for finding duplicate files and images Apps
Oh no, you saved that really big video presentation four times on your computer accidentally in different download locations! Your hard drive is full now, and you’re not immediately sure where they were. That’s where these apps come in. This software is dedicated to locating where duplicate files are on your computer so you can manage them how you need to.
- dupeGuru is a free and open source tool to find duplicate files on your computer. It can scan either filenames or contents.
- Thunar is a new modern file manager for the Xfce Desktop Environment. Thunar has been designed from the ground up to be fast and easy-to-use.
- AntiDupl.NET can find and display duplicate images in the main graphic formats: JPEG, GIF, TIFF, BMP and PNG.
Malware & Trojan detected by VirusTotal:
- FSlint is a utility to find and clean various forms of lint on a filesystem. I.E. unwanted or problematic cruft in your files or file names.
- A personal booru-style media tagger that can import files and tags from your hard drive and popular websites. Content can be shared with other users via user-run servers.
- FDUPES is a program for identifying or deleting duplicate files residing within specified directories.
- A commandline tool to find unnecessary files (duplicates, tmpfiles, unstripped binaries and more)
- Rdfind is a program that finds duplicate files. It is useful for compressing backup directories or just finding duplicate files. It compares files based on their content, NOT on their file names.
- Finddupe is a tool for quick detecting of duplicate files on a hard drive under Windows. Duplicate files can be detected, hardlinked, or deleted.
- Greatly improved fork of the fdupes duplicate scanner, including ports to Windows and Mac OS X.
- FS-Inspect is an easy to use tool designed to give you an overview about your files and directories (Disk Usage).
- Usage example: ddff.exe C:\ D:\ E:\+ Very fast+ Comparing is based on file contents, so ignoring file name/attributes. + Comparing directories too.
- SameSame is a collection of tools that free up wasted disk space by linking identical files together, moving them, or deleting the duplicate files altogether.
- A fast and convenient CLI tool for finding duplicate files.
- DuFF is Unix command-line utility for quickly finding duplicates in a given set of files.