Pixiple is described as 'searches your files for images that are similar in pixel and/or metadata content and presents you with a sorted list of similar image pairs to compare and manipulate' and is an app in the File Management category. There are more than 25 alternatives to Pixiple for a variety of platforms, including Windows, Mac, Linux, Android and iPhone. The best alternative is dupeGuru, which is both free and Open Source. Other great apps like Pixiple are AntiDupl (Free, Open Source), VisiPics (Free), Awesome Duplicate Photo Finder (Free) and Anti-Twin (Free Personal).
- AntiDupl.NET can find and display duplicate images in the main graphic formats: JPEG, GIF, TIFF, BMP and PNG. View 33 alternatives to AntiDupl
Malware & Trojan detected by VirusTotal:
- Free • Open Source
- VisiPics does more than just look for identical files, it goes beyond checksums to look for similar pictures and does it all with a simple user interface. View 40 alternatives to VisiPics
The program seems to be no longer updated. Last version, 1.31, released in February 2013, can be still downloaded from the official website.
- Free • Proprietary
- Awesome Duplicate Photo Finder is a free powerful tool, that helps you to find and remove duplicate photos on your PC. View 46 alternatives to Awesome Duplicate Photo Finder
- Free • Proprietary
- Anti-Twin is a small software application which compares files, i.e. it searches for duplicate or similar files on your hard disk drive. View 93 alternatives to Anti-Twin
Last version 1.8d from 2010, see http://www.joerg-rosenthal.com/en/antitwin/
- Free Personal • Proprietary
- Find duplicate and similar photos, no matter if they are rotated, resized, or in different formats. View 55 alternatives to Ashisoft Duplicate Photos Finder
- Freemium • Proprietary
- Visual Similarity Duplicate Image Finder will find fast all similar and duplicate pictures and photos in a folder and its sub folders. View 56 alternatives to Visual Similarity Duplicate Image Finder
- Paid • Proprietary