Paper maps are a thing of the past. With apps such as Google Maps and Waze (to name only two out of nearly countless others), anywhere you can access Internet in any way on your smart device, you’ll have access to maps and your relative position on them. This convenient accessibility to maps in the palm of your hand makes it so physical maps are completely obsolete.
- Mapping software and API service with satellite imagery, real-time traffic, panoramic street views and much more.
- OpenStreetMap (OSM) is a collaborative project to create a free editable map of the world.
- Google Earth lets you fly anywhere on Earth to view satellite imagery, maps, terrain, 3D buildings, from galaxies in outer space to the canyons of the ocean.
- MAPS.ME offers the quickest offline maps of all the countries of the world. Travel with full confidence: wherever you are, MAPS.ME addresses all your offline mapping needs.
- Ecosia is a green search engine that donates at least 80% of its profits from search ad revenue and online shopping to a reforestation program, currently in Burkina Faso.
- Bing (formerly Live Search, Windows Live Search, and MSN Search) is the current web search engine (advertised as a "decision engine") from Microsoft.
- Explore the world in glorious 3D with HERE Maps. Discover new places, collect your favourite places, plan the perfect journey, and sync it all with your mobile phones.
- A fully featured, user friendly, open source Geographic Information System (GIS) with similar power to ArcGIS and MapInfo.
- A Google Maps service that contains millions of panoramic photos from both Google and contributors.
- Magic Earth is a free maps and navigation app based on OpenStreetMap data.
- 2GIS provides 3D-maps of 180+ cities, contacts of 1.5 million companies, car routing and public transport routes and and more!
- Marble is a Virtual Globe and World Atlas that you can use to learn more about Earth: You can pan and zoom around and you can look up places and roads.
- uMap let you create maps with OpenStreetMap layers in a minute and embed them in your site. Add custom annotations, lines, shapes, import and add custom layers (KML, CSV, GPS, ...) and other data.