The Fun-Focused Free Software Voxel World Game.
Voxelands is a sandbox construction game based on Minetest , which was inspired by earlier "voxel world" games such as Infiniminer . Gameplay puts players in a fully destructible 3D game world where they can place and dig numerous types of blocks, items and creatures using a variety of tools. Inside the game world players can build structures, artworks and anything else their creativity can think of on multiplayer servers and singleplayer worlds across multiple game modes.... More Info »
Voxelands was originally forked from the Minetest-C55 0.3.x codebase as a result of several core developers becoming disillusioned with the direction of Minetest 0.4. The goal was to put the fun back into the game, and stop trying to make it into an engine.
* Hundreds of block, tool, and item types
* Singleplayer & Online Multiplayer
* Almost a Quarter of a Million cubic kilometres per map
* Free to Download
* Free to Play
* GPL Licensed Free Software
* 100% Compiled Code - no slow scripting or virtualisation
* All Inclusive Client - no added downloads when connecting to servers