VirtualBox Alternatives for Windows
QEMU (short for "Quick EMUlator") is a free and open-source hosted hypervisor that performs hardware virtualization.
Suggest and vote on features
- - QEMU is the most popular Windows, Mac & Linux alternative to VirtualBox.
- - QEMU is the most popular Open Source & free alternative to VirtualBox.
- Privacy focusedQEMU is considered a privacy friendly alternative.
- LightweightQEMU consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- Command line interfaceQEMU either have CLI support or is a CLI-only app.
- PortableQEMU can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
- Support for scriptingQEMU supports scripts and macros to automate or customize tasks.
- Container VirtualizationQEMU can make use of isolated user spaces called "containers" to run applications.
Comments about QEMU as a Alternative to VirtualBoxMost users think QEMU is a great VirtualBox alternative.
It is supported by various frontends such as Virt Manager and AQEMU.11Guest
It runs faster than virtualbox using KVM. Also is better suited for production level.14
it is fast to virtualize (say an iso file) you just have to run two commands1Guest
It doesn't have a GUI to manage like Virtualbox or VMware. That's problematic.-10Guest
It also performs hardware visualization4
VMware Workstation Pro Lets You Run Multiple Operating Systems as Virtual Machines (including Windows VMs) on a Single Windows or Linux PC. VMware Workstation Pro is the industry standard for running multiple operating systems as virtual machines (VMs) on a single Linux or...
Suggest and vote on features
- - VMware Workstation Pro is the most popular commercial alternative to VirtualBox.
VMware Workstation Pro Features
Comments about VMware Workstation Pro as a Alternative to VirtualBoxMost users think VMware Workstation Pro is a great VirtualBox alternative.all • positive • negative relevance • dateGuest
Its much more user friendly and pleasant to work with.10
Easy to work with while it is an advanced software. I realy like it and have used it many times.2Guest
Expensive. If you want the free version for personal use, go with VMware Workstation Player.15
Virtual box is free, vmwre has 30 day trial.2Guest
Very good but very expensive. Instead i'd reccomend VMWare Workstation Player.7Show more comments ▾5 of 7 comments
VMware Workstation Player builds on the industry leading foundation of Workstation Pro, and delivers a streamlined user interface for creating and running operating systems and applications in a virtual machine.Suggest and vote on features
VMware Workstation Player Features
- Container VirtualizationVMware Workstation Player can make use of isolated user spaces called "containers" to run applications.
Comments about VMware Workstation Player as a Alternative to VirtualBoxAlmost everyone thinks VMware Workstation Player is a great VirtualBox alternative.Guest
Free and slightly more advanced. Less user friendly than virtualbox but also much more feature rich.9
Proxmox Virtual Environment is a complete and easy to use Open Source virtualization platform for running Virtual Appliances and Virtual Machines. Proxmox VE tightly integrates KVM hypervisor and LXC containers, software-defined storage and networking functionality on a single...
Suggest and vote on features
- - Proxmox Virtual Environment is the most popular Android Tablet alternative to VirtualBox.
Proxmox Virtual Environment Features
- Two-factor AuthenticationProxmox Virtual Environment supports two-factor authentication (2FA).
- Container VirtualizationProxmox Virtual Environment can make use of isolated user spaces called "containers" to run applications.
- LightweightProxmox Virtual Environment consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- PortableProxmox Virtual Environment can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
- Dark ModeProxmox Virtual Environment supports dark mode for comfortable usage in low light conditions.
Opinions about Proxmox Virtual Environment as a Alternative to VirtualBoxMost users think Proxmox Virtual Environment is a great VirtualBox alternative.
Portable-VirtualBox is a free and open source software tool that lets you run any operating system from a usb stick without separate installation. It unpacks and adjusts the paths and configuration of VirtualBox so it will run portably.Suggest and vote on features
Portable Virtualbox Features
- Command line interfacePortable Virtualbox either have CLI support or is a CLI-only app.
- Container VirtualizationPortable Virtualbox can make use of isolated user spaces called "containers" to run applications.
- LightweightPortable Virtualbox consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- PortablePortable Virtualbox can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
Comments about Portable Virtualbox as a Alternative to VirtualBoxMost users think Portable Virtualbox is a great VirtualBox alternative.
It is basically VirtualBox for mobile.-20
a new lightweight desktop environment tailored for safely running applications in isolation.Suggest and vote on features
Windows Sandbox Features
VMware vSphere Hypervisor ( based on ESXi ) is a free bare-metal hypervisor that virtualizes servers so you can consolidate your applications on less hardware.Suggest and vote on features
VMware vSphere Hypervisor Features
MobaLiveCD is a freeware that will run your Linux LiveCD on Windows thanks to the excellent emulator called "Qemu".Suggest and vote on features
- PortableMobaLiveCD can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
Comments about MobaLiveCD as a Alternative to VirtualBoxpros, cons and recent commentsGuest
is mounting iso app like poweriso1