VeraCrypt Alternatives for Android
Cryptomator provides transparent, client-side encryption for your cloud. Protect your documents from unauthorized access. Cryptomator is free and open source software, so you can rest assured there are no backdoors.
Suggest and vote on features
- - Cryptomator is the most popular Windows, Android, Mac & iPhone alternative to VeraCrypt.
- - Cryptomator is the most popular Open Source & free alternative to VeraCrypt.
- Encrypted BackupCryptomator uses encryption algorithms to keep your files safe as well as prevent unauthorized access.
- No registration requiredYou can use most of the features in Cryptomator without registration.
- Privacy focusedCryptomator is considered a privacy friendly alternative.
- PortableCryptomator can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
- Works OfflineCryptomator can be used without the need to connect to the internet.
- End-to-End EncryptionCryptomator has E2E Encryption, for entire or parts of the app.
- Ad-freeCryptomator doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
Comments about Cryptomator as a Alternative to VeraCryptMost users think Cryptomator is a great VeraCrypt alternative.all • positive • negative relevance • dateGuest
Provides the same functionality as an encrypted virtual disk, but allows you to quickly sync it to the cloud.-1
Cryptomator is also safe, but not focused on encrypting whole drives. Its use case is encrypting folders into small parts, making Synchronisation easy. Veracrypt in a Cloudfolder would be horrible, as all the contents would be synced on a small change. On the other hand is Cryptomator probably not as secure as Veracrypt.1
Cryptomator is focused on encrypting files for cloud storage, and as such makes a minor compromise to security by not obscuring the individual file sizes within the vault. This is done so that the entire vault doesn't have to be resynced when one file is changed, a huge convenience with cloud storage. You absolutely can use it locally, but VeraCrypt offers more security with exclusively local vaults.1Guest
It's not equivalent. They perform different functions.0
A version change made my encrypted archive unable to mount as a disk, and essentially fucked me until I used Cyberduck to recover-2Show more comments ▾5 of 11 comments
DroidFS is an alternative way to use encrypted overlay filesystems on Android that uses its own internal file explorer instead of mounting virtual volumes. It currently only works with gocryptfs but support for CryFS could be added in the future.Suggest and vote on features
- Privacy focusedDroidFS is considered a privacy friendly alternative.
- Works OfflineDroidFS can be used without the need to connect to the internet.
- No TrackingDroidFS will not track you or use your personal data.
- No registration requiredYou can use most of the features in DroidFS without registration.
- Ad-freeDroidFS doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- End-to-End EncryptionDroidFS has E2E Encryption, for entire or parts of the app.
Comments about DroidFS as a Alternative to VeraCryptpros, cons and recent comments
DroidFS is awesome. It integrates nessecary tools to edit all contents in the app, and the encrypting and decrypting process is easy. It uses gocryptfs as backend, so any gocryptfs app can open the files created by it.1
Tella is a mobile app designed to protect human rights defenders, advocates, and journalists by encrypting and hiding their sensitive data and safely uploading it to their organization's server.Suggest and vote on features
Welcome to ZenCrypt. With this app, you can safely encrypt files, using a secure and efficient library.Suggest and vote on features
NordLocker is not cloud storage. We believe it’s better. Think of it as middleware that adds a security layer to your data. NordLocker never stores your files anywhere. Instead, it lets you maintain the flexibility of keeping them wherever you’re used to, only securely.Suggest and vote on features
- Cloud SyncSync your data (notes, documents, bookmarks, etc.) across your different devices and to the cloud.
- End-to-End EncryptionNordlocker has E2E Encryption, for entire or parts of the app.
- Privacy focusedNordlocker is considered a privacy friendly alternative.
- AES-256 EncryptionNordlocker has AES-256 Encryption, i.e. very strong security.
Boxcryptor is an easy-to-use encryption software optimized for the cloud. It allows the secure use of cloud storage services without sacrificing comfort.Suggest and vote on features
Boxcryptor has been acquired by Dropbox on November 29, 2022, and is no longer accepting new users. https://www.boxcryptor.com/en/blog/post/boxcryptor-and-dropbox-user-info/
Comments about Boxcryptor as a Alternative to VeraCryptMost users think Boxcryptor is a great VeraCrypt alternative.
Boxcryptor won't work without an Internet connection. That's because it is a cloud service for the most part.0
- Is this is a good alternative?YesNo51 AESCrypt for Android (AndroidCrypt) alternatives
- Free • Open Source
- Android Tablet
Used for encrypting and decrypting files with 256 bit AES algorithm.Suggest and vote on features
AESCrypt for Android (AndroidCrypt) Features
S.S.E. File Encryptor is a cross-platform encrypter/decrypter of files and folders.Suggest and vote on features
S.S.E. File Encryptor Features