What is Eclipse Theia?
With Theia you can develop one IDE and run it in browsers or native desktop application from a single source. Theia is designed in a modular way to allow extenders and adopters customizing and extending every aspect of it. Composing a custom IDE-like product is as easy as listing all needed extensions in a package.json file. Adding new functionality by implementing your own extensions is easy, too and provides all the flexibility you need.
Unlike other "open-source" projects, projects like Theia that are hosted at an Open-Source Foundation are protected against single-vendor decisions against the interest of the diverse community.
Eclipse Theia Desktop Screenshots and Videos
Eclipse Theia Features
- AutocompletionEclipse Theia can predict and complete the rest of a word or phrase you're typing.
- Dark ModeEclipse Theia supports dark mode for comfortable usage in low light conditions.
- Extensible by Plugins/ExtensionsEclipse Theia can be extended with add-ons, plugins and extensions.
- No TrackingEclipse Theia will not track you or use your personal data.
- Ad-freeEclipse Theia doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- Syntax HighlightingEclipse Theia supports syntax highlighting for various programming and markup languages.
- Git SupportEclipse Theia supports Git, a free and open source distributed version control system.
Eclipse Theia information
- Developed byThe Eclipse Foundation
- LicensingOpen Source (EPL-2.0) and Free product.
- Written in
- RatingAverage rating of 3
- Alternatives12 alternatives listed
- 18,735 Stars
- 2,400 Forks
- 1391 Open Issues
Our users have written 2 comments and reviews about Eclipse Theia, and it has gotten 14 likes