The most popular alternative is DNADynamo. It's not free, so if you're looking for a free alternative, you could try UGENE or Ridom TraceEdi. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked 26 alternatives to Chromas so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting Chromas alternatives are SnapGene Viewer (Free Personal), Geneious (Paid), Benchling (Free Personal) and Serial Cloner (Free).
- Complete bioinformatics toolkit for a wide range of genomics analysis needs, including transcriptomics, variant calling, epigenomics, metagenomics, comparative genomics and many more.
- Genome Compiler is an easy to use genetic design platform allowing researchers to manipulate and design everything from single genes to entire genomes.
- 4Peaks - For Peaks, Four Peaks. The award winning 4Peaks helps molecular biologists to visualize and edit their DNA sequence trace files.
- Genophore is an application for searching and designing proteins. It also provides a suite of bioinformatics utilities and collaboration tools.
- VectorFriends combines various types of cloning simulations, sequence analysis and data management into one application.
It's free for academic researchers.
- Use SimVector to draw plasmid maps, perform restriction analysis and mapping.
- BVTech Plasmid is DNA sequence analysis and plasmid drawing software for Windows PCs.
- XPlasMap is a DNA mapping program.
- DNAssist: the integrated editing and analysis of molecular biology sequences in Windows.
- QIAGEN CLC Main Workbench is ideal for DNA, RNA, & protein sequence data analysis with a wide variety of features, no advanced computer skills required!