Tails Alternatives for Linux
Qubes is an open source operating system designed to provide strong security for desktop computing.
Suggest and vote on features
- - Qubes OS is the most popular Linux alternative to Tails.
- - Qubes OS is the most popular Open Source & free alternative to Tails.
Qubes OS Features
- Container VirtualizationQubes OS can make use of isolated user spaces called "containers" to run applications.
- Privacy focusedQubes OS is considered a privacy friendly alternative.
- PortableQubes OS can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
- No registration requiredYou can use most of the features in Qubes OS without registration.
- LightweightQubes OS consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- No TrackingQubes OS will not track you or use your personal data.
- Two-factor AuthenticationQubes OS supports two-factor authentication (2FA).
- Ad-freeQubes OS doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- Command line interfaceQubes OS either have CLI support or is a CLI-only app.
Comments about Qubes OS as a Alternative to TailsAlmost everyone thinks Qubes OS is a great Tails alternative.all • positive • negative relevance • date
It is a security-oriented operating system just like Tails3
Like Tails, Qubes OS routes all traffic over Tor. It also has advanced virtualization and hardened security settings that would be desirable to anyone who uses tails for its security upgrades.1Guest
Runs everything in Virtual Machines.-1Guest
Security oriented, routes everything through tor2Guest
Its listed fifth besides being the only one that routes traffic via Tor.3Show more comments ▾5 of 7 comments
Whonix is a desktop operating system designed for advanced security and privacy. Whonix mitigates the threat of common attack vectors while maintaining usability. Online anonymity is realized via fail-safe, automatic, and desktop-wide use of the Tor network.Suggest and vote on features
Comments about Whonix as a Alternative to TailsAlmost everyone thinks Whonix is a great Tails alternative.
Unlike most of the other alternatives to Tails, this is a legitimate alternative to Tails.3
Kali Linux is a Debian-derived Linux distribution designed for digital forensics and penetration testing, originally forked from Backtrack Linux by the Offensive Security team.
Suggest and vote on features
- - Kali Linux is the most popular Windows alternative to Tails.
Kali Linux Features
- Privacy focusedKali Linux is considered a privacy friendly alternative.
- No TrackingKali Linux will not track you or use your personal data.
- Command line interfaceKali Linux either have CLI support or is a CLI-only app.
- Real time collaborationMultiple users can work together in Kali Linux simultaneously.
Comments about Kali Linux as a Alternative to TailsMost users think Kali Linux is a great Tails alternative.
Kali Linux is a penetration testing Linux distro that does not come out of the box with Tor routing all network traffic - which is the primary feature of Tails. Although Kali Linux has hacking tools it has no tools for privacy or anonymity.2
Parrot is a GNU/Linux distribution based on Debian Testing and designed with Security, Development, and Privacy in mind.Suggest and vote on features
Parrot Security OS Features
- LightweightParrot Security OS consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- Privacy focusedParrot Security OS is considered a privacy friendly alternative.
- Real time collaborationMultiple users can work together in Parrot Security OS simultaneously.
- Ad-freeParrot Security OS doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- Cloud SyncSync your data (notes, documents, bookmarks, etc.) across your different devices and to the cloud.
- Command line interfaceParrot Security OS either have CLI support or is a CLI-only app.
- PortableParrot Security OS can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
- No TrackingParrot Security OS will not track you or use your personal data.
- Rolling ReleaseParrot Security OS supports updates that are continuously rolled out, rather than in batches of versions.
Comments about Parrot Security OS as a Alternative to Tailspros, cons and recent comments
Parrot OS is free from trackers and telemetry "anti-features", and it provides many privacy tools like AnonSurf, Tor Browser, a custom Firefox profile, easy cryptographic tools and much more.0
Wubuntu aka "Windows Ubuntu" is an operating system that inherits all the appearance and functionality of Microsoft Windows, but does not require TPM, secure boot or any other hardware requirement for its operation.Suggest and vote on features
The Nobara Project, to put it simply, is a modified version of Fedora Linux with user-friendly fixes added to it. Fedora is a very good workstation OS, however, anything involving any kind of 3rd party or proprietary packages is usually absent from a fresh install.Suggest and vote on features
Nobara Project Features
- Privacy focusedNobara Project is considered a privacy friendly alternative.
- Ad-freeNobara Project doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- No TrackingNobara Project will not track you or use your personal data.
- Rolling ReleaseNobara Project supports updates that are continuously rolled out, rather than in batches of versions.
- PortableNobara Project can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
- LightweightNobara Project consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
A seamless blend of all Linux distributions.Suggest and vote on features
Deepin is a reinterpretation to creativity and individuality. It is not only a rebirth to the system appearance, but also a brand-new upgrade to the operating experience! All of this lets deepin become the best partner of your computer.Suggest and vote on features
Alpine Linux is a security-oriented, lightweight Linux distribution based on musl libc and busybox.Suggest and vote on features
Alpine Linux Features