"TableTextCompare" (TTC) is a small utility that provides easy comparison of two-tab-delimited or comma-delimited (csv) files, to determine the difference between the two files.
Creates a TXT file report.
Use TTC to compare 2 different snapshots of data, created by other NirSoft utilities, like DriverView, ServiWin, USBDeview, CurrPorts, WirelessNetView, ShellExView ... and many others ... or data created in other applications More Info »
"TableTextCompare" can make the comparison even if the records of the 2 files are not sorted in the same order, or if the fields are not positioned in the same order.
Some examples of uses ...
• DRIVERS UPDATES:
Save 2 snapshots of loaded 'drivers' list into a tab-delimited file, by using "DriverView" (nirsoft) utility
- use TTC to determine; added, removed, changed 'drivers' by comparing the before and after snapshots.
• SERVICES CHANGES:
Save 2 snapshots of services list into a tab-delimited file, by using "ServiWin" (nirsoft) utility
- use TTC to determine added, removed, or changed 'services' by comparing the before and after snapshots.
• DATA FROM OTHER SOFTWARE: . . . . (that is displayed in a standard ListView of Windows.)
Use the "SysExporter" (nirsoft) utility to grab the data and export it into csv or comma-delimited file
- use TTC to compare different snapshots of data.
• SPREADSHEET (eg, Excel) DATA TABLES:
If you have 2 different Excel files with tables that you want to compare
- export these tables into 2 .csv files,
- use TTC to compare the exported csv files.
"TableTextCompare" (nirsoft) home page includes further instructions/documentation and examples of uses