Open Source Synfig Studio Alternatives
The most popular alternative is Krita, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked more than 50 alternatives to Synfig Studio so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting Synfig Studio alternatives are OpenToonz (Free, Open Source), Pencil2D (Free, Open Source), enve (Free, Open Source) and OpenToonz (Morevna Edition) (Free, Open Source).
- Krita is a professional Free and open source (FOSS) painting program. It is made by artists that want to see affordable art tools for everyone withith concept art, texture and matte painters, illustrations and comics.
- OpenToonz is an animation program that is a free software version of Toonz, the animation software used by Studio Ghibli, amongst others.
- Pencil2D is an opensource animation/drawing software for Mac OS X, Windows, and Linux, based on old...
- Enve is a new open-source 2D animation software for Linux. You can use enve to create vector animations, raster animations, and even use sound and video files.
- OpenToonz is based on software "Toonz" which was developed by Digital Video S.p.A. in Italy
- Pencil is an animation/drawing software for Mac OS X, Windows, and Linux. It lets you create traditional hand-drawn animation (cartoon) using both bitmap and vector graphics.
- Tupi is a design and authoring tool for digital artists interested in 2D Animation, fork of the...
- Glaxnimate is a vector graphics animation program which focuses on being quick and easy to use.
- AnimeEffects is a 2D keyframe animation tool based on deformation of polygon meshes.
You can easily operate, quickly shape your idea, and remake at any time if you have changed your mind.
- VPaint was an experimental vector graphics editor based on the Vector Animation Complex (VAC), a technology developed by a collaboration of researchers at Inria and the University...