Twine is an open-source tool for telling interactive, nonlinear stories.
Suggest and vote on features
- - Twine is the most popular Web-based, Windows, Mac & Linux alternative to Squiffy.
- - Twine is the most popular Open Source & free alternative to Squiffy.
- Ad-freeTwine doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- LightweightTwine consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- No Coding RequiredTwine can be used without an coding or programming skills.
- Works OfflineTwine can be used without the need to connect to the internet.
- No registration requiredYou can use most of the features in Twine without registration.
- Dark ModeTwine supports dark mode for comfortable usage in low light conditions.
- Extensible by Plugins/ExtensionsTwine can be extended with add-ons, plugins and extensions.
Inky is an editor for ink, inkle's markup language for writing interactive narrative in games, as used in 80 Days. It's an IDE (integrated development environment), because it gives you a single app that lets you play in the editor as you write, and fix any bugs in your...Suggest and vote on features
Inky by Inkle Features
- Works OfflineInky by Inkle can be used without the need to connect to the internet.
- No registration requiredYou can use most of the features in Inky by Inkle without registration.
- Ad-freeInky by Inkle doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- Support for scriptingInky by Inkle supports scripts and macros to automate or customize tasks.
ink is a scripting language built around the idea of marking up pure-text with flow in order to produce interactive scripts.Suggest and vote on features
Ink by Inkle Features
- Ad-freeInk by Inkle doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- No registration requiredYou can use most of the features in Ink by Inkle without registration.
- Support for scriptingInk by Inkle supports scripts and macros to automate or customize tasks.
- Works OfflineInk by Inkle can be used without the need to connect to the internet.
Suggest and vote on features
- - Dedalus is the most popular Self-Hosted alternative to Squiffy.
- No registration requiredYou can use most of the features in Dedalus without registration.
Multiple links within the Readme are 404'd, including the example game's page and the starter pack download. Also, the GitHub hasn't been updated since 2019.
Yarn Spinner is a tool for creating interactive dialogue for games. Write your conversations in Yarn, a simple programming language that's designed to be easy for writers to learn, while also powerful enough to handle whatever you need.Yarn Spinner has no features, suggest some!
StoryNexus: The choice is yours. StoryNexus gives you free access to hundreds of interactive worlds, from science fiction to romance, from gothic fantasy to historical adventure.Suggest and vote on features
ADRIFT Developer is a Windows application that allows you to create complex interactive fiction games quickly and easily. It allows you to concentrate on the story by making everything else easy, such as having all options available in dropdown lists, rather than you having to...ADRIFT has no features, suggest some!
Inform is a free app for creating works of interactive fiction, available for MacOS, Windows, Linux and Android. Inside it is a powerful programming language based on English language text. This redesigned website is part of the preparations for open-sourcing the software.Suggest and vote on features
Remember those Choose Your Own Adventure, or Fighting Fantasy books? Where you got to choose what your character does next? Well if you think of that in a web-page you have hypertext interactive fiction, or HIF.Suggest and vote on features
Adventuron is a text-adventure authoring tool, used to create games playable on desktop, mobile as well as old computers including Amstrad CPC, Commodore 64, ZX Spectrum. Featuring a web-based code editor with autocompletion and a fast development workflow that lets you play as...Adventuron has no features, suggest some!
Adliberum Engine is a multiplayer compatible role-playing text adventure engine. Complete with real-time world-building commands; craft text powered games and scenarios alone or with others. Complete with world editing commands; create worlds, games and puzzles that you can...ADLENGINE has no features, suggest some!