What is Slack?
Slack is a unified communication platform built with an optimized workflow to keep modern teams focused and productive. A familiar chat interface facilitates discussions while advanced features are easily exposed based on context. Hover over a message to see more options such as emoji reactions, sharing and pinning features and more. A navigation bar provides easy access to key features including a powerful search to find important discussions, files and more.
Conversations are organized across dedicated Channels, neatly arranged in a responsive sidebar with collapsible sections. These Channels are highly configurable and allow for flexibility in working with various teams but can also be shared externally, making it easy to hold discussions with partners and clients.
Slack Desktop Screenshots and Videos
- Extensible by Plugins/ExtensionsSlack can be extended with add-ons, plugins and extensions.
- Support for @mentionsSlack supports the use of mentions through @ to a particular user, who will be notified personally.
- VoiP CallsSlack allows you to make voice calls over Internet using the Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP).
- IFTTT IntegrationYou can connect different services to automatically trigger actions within Slack using IFTTT.
- Real time collaborationMultiple users can work together in Slack simultaneously.
- Team Collaboration
- Multi Channel
- Instant Messaging
- Threaded Conversations
- HIPAA compliant
- Video Calling
- Team work
- Electron based
- App integration
- Live Push Notifications
- Video Conferencing
- Out Of The Box
- Integrated File Sharing
- Multiple teams
- Project Management
- Direct file uploading
- Channel manager
- Multiple channels
- Developed bySlack Technologies, Inc.
- LicensingProprietary and Freemium product.
- PricingSubscription that costs between $7 and $15.
- RatingAverage rating of 4.5 (42 ratings)
- Alternatives212 alternatives listed
- News17 news article related to Slack
- 3.68 avg rating
Our users have written 38 comments and reviews about Slack, and it has gotten 843 likes
Comments and Reviews Post a comment/review
Recent user activities on Slack
- Upvoted a comment on Twake as an alternative to Slack
I like Twake as an alternative to Slack because it is open-source.ago
- reviewed SlackBo
Hey folks, just wanted to share my take on Slack. Overall, it's been a pretty solid tool with its seamless integration with various other apps, which I gotta say, has been a real game-changer for our workflow. However, I've gotta be honest, I'm not completely sold on the huddle feature—it could use some fine-tuning. But hey, still giving it a solid 3 out of 5 stars because of its overall versatility and ease of use.Show more ▾ago
- added Slack as alternative(s) to Diode Driveago