Screen, webcam and sketchboard recorder with an integrated editor.
- Free • Open Source
- Screenshot Capture Tool
- Animated GIF Creator
What is ScreenToGif?
This tool allows you to record a selected area of your screen and save as a animated gif.
- Record your screen and save directly to a gif looped animation.
- Pause and continue to record.
- Move the window around to record what you want.
- Edit the frames, add filters, revert, make yoyo style or slo-motion.
- Export frames.
- Crop and Resize.
- You can work even while the program is recording.
- Remove frames that you don't want.
- Select a folder to save the file or simple let the program save in your desktop.
- Add the system cursor to your recording.
- I'ts just one .exe, portable.
- Start/Pause and stop your recording using your F keys.
- Multi language: Portuguese, Spanish, Romanian, Russian, Swedish, Greek, French and Simplified Chines
- 19,627 Stars
- 1,969 Forks
- 215 Open Issues
Comments and Reviews
- Animated GIF Creator
- Screenshot Capture
- Video Editor
CategoriesVideo & Movies • Photos & Graphics
Lists containing ScreenToGifProgress & Management • What's on my PC? • Favourites • Windows
Recent user activities on ScreenToGif
- Schnatt_App liked ScreenToGif
- KorakysKuro liked ScreenToGifKo
- Nicke Downvoted a comment on ScreenToGifNiIt's opensource and free. But FFmpeg is not friendly with beginner and slow. It is difficult to resize the file and if you have a size limit, trial and error are required. It recently started supporting WebP but it does not work properly on Apple Safari.
Great open source tool for capturing screencasts to GIF.
Its opensource and active in development
Crashes in Windows. Even the installer crashes.
Hi James, I'm the developer of the app.
Did you try running the latest version available? (2.26.1 -> July 2020)
I would like to know more about the crash. Can you contact me via www.screentogif.com/contact ?
Reply written ago
After reviewing many other screen recording applications this is the one that stood out from the rest.
It has all of the features i need that many others lack.
-capture keystrokes and clicks -capture region
It's opensource and free. But FFmpeg is not friendly with beginner and slow. It is difficult to resize the file and if you have a size limit, trial and error are required. It recently started supporting WebP but it does not work properly on Apple Safari.
It's simple. Does what I need. Open source and portable. I use it to create shorts gifs to illustrate bugs or feature requests on support forums.
It's opensource and works perfectly!