GitHub is a web-based hosting service for projects that use the Git revision control system. It is written in Ruby on Rails by Logical Awesome developers Chris Wanstrath, PJ Hyett, and Tom Preston-Werner.
Suggest and vote on features
- - GitHub is the most popular Web-based, Windows, Android & Mac alternative to SCM-Manager.
- - GitHub is the most popular free alternative to SCM-Manager.
- File VersioningGitHub has a version system that lets you view and go back to older versions of the project/file/document.
- Git SupportGitHub supports Git, a free and open source distributed version control system.
- Two-factor AuthenticationGitHub supports two-factor authentication (2FA).
- Dark ModeGitHub supports dark mode for comfortable usage in low light conditions.
- IFTTT IntegrationYou can connect different services to automatically trigger actions within GitHub using IFTTT.
- Support for MarkDownGitHub supports MarkDown for document formatting.
- Ad-freeGitHub doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- FIDO U2F (2FA) supportGitHub supports FIDO U2F / passwordless / multi-factor authentication.
GitLab is a on-premise or hosted Git repository management tool. It also includes code reviews, issue tracking, wikis, and continuous integration.
Suggest and vote on features
- - GitLab is the most popular Linux & Self-Hosted alternative to SCM-Manager.
- - GitLab is the most popular Open Source alternative to SCM-Manager.
- Kanban BoardGitLab allows you to organize your workflow by moving cards with drag-and-drop functionality between multiple columns.
- Git SupportGitLab supports Git, a free and open source distributed version control system.
- File VersioningGitLab has a version system that lets you view and go back to older versions of the project/file/document.
Gitea is a community managed fork of Gogs, lightweight code hosting solution written in Go and published under the MIT license.Suggest and vote on features
- LightweightGitea consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- Support for MarkDownGitea supports MarkDown for document formatting.
- Privacy focusedGitea is considered a privacy friendly alternative.
- Task Time TrackingKeep a record of time spent on a task with Gitea.
- Git SupportGitea supports Git, a free and open source distributed version control system.
- FIDO U2F (2FA) supportGitea supports FIDO U2F / passwordless / multi-factor authentication.
- Suggest and vote on features
Gitea (Git with a cup of tea) is a painless self-hosted Git service written in GoSuggest and vote on features
Git Disroot Features
- Real time collaborationMultiple users can work together in Git Disroot simultaneously.
- File VersioningGit Disroot has a version system that lets you view and go back to older versions of the project/file/document.
- Dark ModeGit Disroot supports dark mode for comfortable usage in low light conditions.
- Git SupportGit Disroot supports Git, a free and open source distributed version control system.
Radicle is a developer stack and peer-to-peer network for creating open source software together.Suggest and vote on features
GitPrep is a GitHub clone. You can install portable Github system into Unix/Linux. You can create users and repositories without limitation. This is free software.Suggest and vote on features
Gitblit is an open-source, pure Java stack for managing, viewing, and serving Git repositories.Suggest and vote on features
- Git SupportGitblit supports Git, a free and open source distributed version control system.
GNU Savannah is a project of the Free Software Foundation, which serves as a collaborative software development management system for free Software projects.Suggest and vote on features
GNU Savannah Features
ForgeFed (formerly GitPub) is a decentralized federation protocol based on the W3C's ActivityPub, which extends ActivityStream 2.0. It provides a server to server API for pull request, forking and subscription of repositories provided by Git web services (services like...Suggest and vote on features
Apache Allura is an open source implementation of a software forge, a web site that manages source code repositories, bug reports, discussions, wiki pages, blogs, and more for any number of individual projects.Suggest and vote on features
Apache Allura Features
GitHuman is a decentralized alternative to GitHub and GitLab (Git sharing for everyone without any discrimination or restriction). It's built with IPFS and IPLD. It works without a centralised server.Suggest and vote on features