What is Rocket.Chat?
It is a great solution for communities and companies wanting to privately host their own chat service or for developers looking forward to build and evolve their own chat platforms.
VIDEO CONFERENCE Chat with your colleagues and friends face-to-face over audio and video.
HELPDESK CHAT Have your website visitors contact you in real-time and increase conversions.
FILE SHARING Drag-and-drop files or select them from your computer or mobile device.
VOICE MESSAGES Record and transmit voice messages to a channel, group or private conversation.
LINK PREVIEW Post a link and immediately view its content. YouTube, Twitter, Gifs!
API Integrate your chat to multiple services: GitHub, GitLab, JIRA, Confluence and others.
EXTENDABILITY Want a killer new feature? Add a new package. It is as simple as that.
NATIVE APPLICATIONS Native client applications available for download on Linux, Windows and OSX.
MOBILE APPLICATIONS Mobile client applications available for iOS and Android on their respective stores.
- BYOS (bring your own server)
- Multiple Rooms
- Direct Messages
- Private Groups
- Public Channels
- Desktop Notifications
- Transcripts / History
- I18n - Internationalization with Lingohub
- Hubot Friendly - Hubot Integration Project
- Media Embeds - Iframely Responsive Web Embeds
- Link Previews
- LDAP Authentication
- REST-full APIs
- Remote Locations Video Monitoring
- Native Cross-Platform Desktop Application
Comments and Reviews
Recent user activities on Rocket.Chat
- Upvoted a comment on Element as an alternative to Rocket.Chat
Yes its their main competitor, except for the omnichannel feature
- thinks Ripcord is an alternative to Rocket.Chat
- Upvoted a comment on Skype as an alternative to Rocket.Chat
Skype is not a team or collaboration system neither posses omnichannel capabilities or E2E encryption