Anki is a program which makes remembering things easy. Because it is a lot more efficient than traditional study methods, you can either greatly decrease your time spent studying, or greatly increase the amount you learn.
- - Anki is the most popular Windows, Android, Mac & iPhone alternative to Repetitions.
- - Anki is the most popular Open Source & free alternative to Repetitions.
RemNote is the note-taking tool that gives you memory superpowers. It automatically generates flashcards from your notes and figures out the optimal time to practice each flashcard so you don't forget what you've learned.
- - RemNote is the most popular Web-based alternative to Repetitions.
Mnemosyne (named for the Greek goddess of memory, Mnemosyne) is spaced repetition software developed from 2003 until the present. The software is similar to SuperMemo, commercial software developed by Piotr Wozniak.
Memcards is a spaced repetition flashcard app for studying that solves the problems of "avalanche" and makes it faster to study decks by arranging them in grids.
- - Memcards is the most popular Android Tablet alternative to Repetitions.
On the web, there are tree-structure note-taking tools, and some people love them because these tools are really good at organizing information. There are also SR (Spaced Repetition) tools, and some people love them because these tools help them remember information with minimal...
- - LearnObit is the most popular SaaS alternative to Repetitions.
Audio Lesson Generator is an android app that creates audio lessons for drilling a series of questions and answers in to your long-term memory. It uses a similar graduated recall interval formula as the long-proven Pimsleur language lessons.
Kanji Book is a spaced repetition tool to study and review up to 6000 kanji with the help of interactive mnemonics. Your knowledge will be tested using multiple choice questions as well as entering translations in Japanese.
- - Kanji Book is the most popular commercial alternative to Repetitions.