Free QGIS AlternativesTop GIS Software & Map Services like QGIS
The new standard for GIS software. Simple and powerful. Step into Atlas to explore, analyze and share geospatial data.
- - Atlas: GIS & Maps is the most popular SaaS alternative to QGIS.
- - Atlas: GIS & Maps is the most popular free alternative to QGIS.
GRASS GIS (Geographic Resources Analysis Support System) is an open source, free software (FOSS) Geographical Information System (GIS) with raster, topological, vector, image processing, and visualization functionality.
GRASS GIS has no features, suggest some!
- - GRASS GIS is the most popular Mac & Linux alternative to QGIS.
- - GRASS GIS is the most popular Open Source alternative to QGIS.
Comments about GRASS GIS as a Alternative to QGISMost users think GRASS GIS is a great QGIS alternative.Guest
Equaly or even more powerful. The only downside is that it's native GUI has a learning curve. But it handles the processes way better.1
The Placemark application. This is a web application that lets you import, create, export, visualize, and publish geospatial data. It supports many geospatial data formats, and many editing operations, both algorithmic, like buffering, and drawing-based.
Suggest and vote on features
- - Placemark is the most popular Self-Hosted alternative to QGIS.
Business mapping software (geographic information system) that delivers affordable, easy-to-use, professional mapping tools for mapping in these sectors: franchising, health care, business, territories, site selection, sales, marketing, banking, more.Suggest and vote on features
- Route PlanningPlan and optimize your route with Maptitude to avoid traffic and save time.
- Ad-freeMaptitude doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- Nearby SearchMaptitude lets you search for places, services or people within a specified area.
- Import CSV DataMaptitude can import data from a CSV (Comma seperated values) file.
- GeotaggingMaptitude can add geographical metadata details to an image, file or data.
- Extensible by Plugins/ExtensionsMaptitude can be extended with add-ons, plugins and extensions.
- No Coding RequiredMaptitude can be used without an coding or programming skills.
- Points of Interest (POI)Maptitude shows you specific point locations of interest like restaurants, hospitals, gas stations, etc.
SAGA - System for Automated Geoscientific Analyses - is a Geographic Information System (GIS) software with immense capabilities for geodata processing and analysis. SAGA is programmed in the object oriented C++ language and supports the implementation of new functions with a...Suggest and vote on features
SAGA GIS Features
Maximize the use of your Excel spreadsheet data. Make mapping the easiest. Transform Excel data into visual analysis. We lead in data simplification and presentation. We are committed to deliver the tools needed to outpace competition.Suggest and vote on features
MapWindow is a fully free and open source geographic information system project. It includes an open source programming component, MapWinGIS ActiveX, and an extensible desktop application that supports plug-ins written in .NET (C# and VB.NET).MapWindow GIS has no features, suggest some!
Mapnik is a Free Toolkit for developing mapping applications. Above all Mapnik is about making beautiful maps. It is easily extensible and suitable for both desktop and web development. - C++/Python GIS toolkitMapnik has no features, suggest some!
uDig is a GIS software program produced by a community led by Canadian-based consulting company Refractions Research. It is based on the Eclipse platform and features full layered open source GIS. It is written in Java and released under GNU Lesser General Public License.uDig has no features, suggest some!
What3words encodes geographic coordinates into 3 dictionary words (for example, the Statue of Liberty is located at planet.inches.most). what3words is different from other alphanumeric location systems and GPS coordinates in that it displays 3 words rather than long strings of...what3words has no features, suggest some!
Comments about what3words as a Alternative to QGISpros, cons and recent comments
what3words is just a way to encode coordinates into words, like DNS does for URLs and IP addresses. QGIS is a system for analyzing and processing geodata, and has a plugin to embed w3w functions within it.0Guest
Not even close in functionality.0