Process Explorer shows you information about which handles and DLLs processes have opened or loaded. The display consists of two sub-windows. The top always shows a list of the currently active processes, including the names of their owning accounts, whereas the information...
- - Process Explorer is the most popular Windows alternative to PowerTOP.
- - Process Explorer is the most popular free alternative to PowerTOP.
Comments about Process Explorer as a Alternative to PowerTOP
Powertop is used to save power, they differ to much in its purpose.0
powertop is not just a task manager it improves and optimizes your hardware settings to reduce energy consumption.0
Activity Monitor displays information about all the processes running on your Mac, including CPU, disk, memory, and network usage. You can see exactly how your computer’s resources are being used via a searchable table, helpful graphs, or even directly in the Dock icon.
- - Activity Monitor is the most popular Mac alternative to PowerTOP.
Activity Monitor Features
Monitor your CPU, Memory, Disk, Network and GPU usage.
- - Mission Center is the most popular Linux alternative to PowerTOP.
- - Mission Center is the most popular Open Source alternative to PowerTOP.
Mission Center Features
- 7 TLP – Linux Advanced Power Management alternativesIs this is a good alternative?YesNo
TLP brings you the benefits of advanced power management for Linux without the need to understand every technical detail. TLP comes with a default configuration already optimized for battery life, so you may just install and forget it.
Slimbook Battery 4 is the new version with new features that improves battery control and increases battery duration in laptops.
Jupiter is a light weight power and hardware control applet for Linux. It is designed to improve battery life of a portable Linux computer by integrating with the operating system and changing parameters of the computer based on battery or powered connection.
UPower is an abstraction for enumerating power devices, listening to device events and querying history and statistics. Any application or service on the system can access the org.freedesktop.UPower service via the system message bus.
- Is this is a good alternative?YesNo9 Processor Hardware Control for Linux alternatives
- Free • Open Source
Processor Hardware Control is a project to allow CPU voltage/frequency changing from userspace.
Processor Hardware Control for Linux Features
Faronics Power Save is an effective and reliable energy conservation tool that accurately manages energy consumption throughout ain a multiple workstation environment and significantly cuts down on energy expenditures.
- - Faronics Power Save is the most popular commercial alternative to PowerTOP.
Your iPad and iPhone show you when apps are using your network. So why can't your Mac? Sure, there's always the Network section in Activity Monitor, but that's far from ideal. At best you can group by All Processes, Hierarchically, sort by Rcvd Bytes, and check the...