The most popular alternative is oTranscribe, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked 11 alternatives to pmTrans so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting pmTrans alternatives are Express Scribe (Freemium), Listen N Write (Free), Scripto (Free, Open Source) and Transcribe (Paid).
- No more switching between Quicktime and Word. Pause, rewind and fast-forward without taking your hands off the keyboard.
- Express Scribe transcription software and audio player specifically designed for typists. Featuring foot pedal control, variable speed, speech to text engine integration and supports a number of audio formats including wav, mp3, wma.
- Listen N Write can be used to play and transcribe ordinary audio and video recordings (WAV, MP3, OGG, WMA, AVI, MPG, WMV, OGV, FLV, VOB, TS, etc).
- Scripto is a free, open source tool for enabling community transcriptions of document and multimedia files.
- Trascribe is a free online tool to help you with transcription of interviews or other audio files easily.
- TranscriberAG is designed for assisting the manual annotation of speech signals.
- VoiceWalker is a transcriber's tool, designed to help you transcribe audio or video recordings.
- Open source transcription software for Linux, Windows, and Mac. Comparable to ExpressScribe. Press F2 to play/pause. Press F4 to rewind 3 seconds.
- In a nutshell, Transcriber Pro is transcription media player integrated with text editor designed for manual transcription of audio and video recordings.
- TranscriptionStar offers best online transcription services ranging from Audio/ Video transcription to TV Interviews, Podcast recordings, Business meetings, Technical, Legal...