What is pmTrans?
pmTrans (The Poor's Man Transcriber) is an open source tool for manual interview transcriptions and provides a multitude of ways to control the playback of audio files.
- Support for mp3 and wav files.
- It will rewind the audio two seconds every time you pause and resume the audio. The rewind length is configurable.
- Configurable short rewind with ctrl+7 (5 segs default)
- Configurable long rewind with ctrl+8 (10 segs default)
- Audio loops: rewind 3 seconds every 10 seconds. The frequency and rewind length of the audio loops is configurable.
- Insert timestamps anywhere in the transcription text
- Configurable shortcuts for: Pause/play Short rewind Long rewind Activate/deactivate audio loops Insert timestamps Speed up playback Slow down playback.
- Mini-mode: control the audio playback from other text editors like MS Word or Libreoffice Writer
- Speed up or slow down the audio playback rate.
- Works on Linux, Mac, and Windows machines.
- Requires no installation. Just download and use!