PayPal is one of the most well known apps for sending money, paying online, and setting up merchant accounts.
Competition in the online payment space has made it so several viable alternatives to PayPal provide both merchants and personal users with more features. For merchants, alternatives to PayPal that support payment processing may work better depending on their focus, such as Amazon Payments.
In addition to this, PayPal as a service for sending money has compelling alternatives as well. Features such as support for cryptocurrency and no-fee money sending have infused some much needed competition. Because who likes spending money just to send money you already have to someone else, right?
With PayPal being available on both the web and as a dedicated app for smartphones, this availability is part and parcel with how it's become a ubiquitous service for Internet payments.
- Stripe helps you create any type of payments flow—from e-commerce to recurring billing and everything in between. Stripe enables you to accept payments in minutes. Stripe makes recurring and subscription-based billing easy. View 69 alternatives to Stripe
- Paid • Proprietary
- Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Currency exchange Banks and other providers could charge you up to 5% in hidden costs when sending money abroad. Wise is up to 8x cheaper. View 42 alternatives to Wise (Formerly TransferWise)
- Paid • Proprietary
- Android Tablet
Wise (Formerly TransferWise) vs PayPalBetter in a sense that no deduction of your funds through the exorbitant fees charges charged by PayPal. And its speedier too.Zero frees on TransferWise. Paypal cuts %5.4 from each transfer.
- Bitcoin Cash is a peer-to-peer electronic cash system. It's a permissionless, decentralized cryptocurrency that requires no trusted third parties and no central bank. View 58 alternatives to Bitcoin Cash
- Free • Open Source
Bitcoin Cash vs PayPalBitcoin is a different kind of money, not a payment provider
- Amazon Payments, Inc., is a wholly owned subsidiary of Amazon that provides a means to process transactions online. View 64 alternatives to Amazon PayNo screenshots yet
- Freemium • Proprietary
Amazon Pay vs PayPalAmazon Payments is a company I trust with a track record of processing transactions large and small for eCommerce purposes. However I'm less familiar with it's abilities to transfer money between individuals, such as the services provided to you by PayPal.