OpenSCAD is described as 'software for creating solid 3D CAD objects. It is free software and available for Linux/UNIX, MS Windows and MacOS' and is a popular app in the Photos & Graphics category. There are more than 25 alternatives to OpenSCAD for a variety of platforms, including Windows, Mac, Linux, Online / Web-based and iPad. The best alternative is FreeCAD, which is both free and Open Source. Other great apps like OpenSCAD are Autodesk AutoCAD (Paid), SOLIDWORKS (Paid), MeshLab (Free, Open Source) and BRL-CAD (Free, Open Source).
- 35 alternatives
- CMS IntelliCAD® is a full-featured Compatible CAD Software. CMS IntelliCAD also offers a full suite of 2D and 3D AutoCAD® software compatible drawing tools! It is the smartest choice for anyone who creates or communicates using CAD drawings. View 59 alternatives to CMS IntelliCAD
- Paid • Proprietary
- Powerfull 3D design tool for 3D printing, virtual reality and game engine. Exports to STL, OBJ, and HTML5 3D websites. View 103 alternatives to MakerSCAD
Site certificate expired. Software itself hasn't been updated in a very long time, is incomplete, and doesn't function
- Freemium • Open Source
- Chrome OS
- 123D Design is a free, powerful, yet simple 3D creation and editing tool which supports many new 3D printers. View 65 alternatives to Autodesk 123D Design
Autodesk has discontinued their line of 123D apps and has consolidated features and workflow into Tinkercad, Fusion 360, and ReMake.
- Free Personal • Proprietary
- Varkon is a very powerful parametric 2D/3D CAD, modeling and application development tool for engineering, design, architecture, etc. View 32 alternatives to VARKON
The project seems no longer developed. Last version, 1.19E, released in November 2012, can be still downloaded from SourceForge.
- Free • Open Source