What is OpenTheatre?
It communicates with its own API written entirely using our custom built command-line web crawler designed to scrape information from trusted files, updated every day. The public web resources used are available on our open assets database, where anyone can contribute their open directories. OpenTheatre works to query movies, series, anime, subtitles, torrents and archives from all around the web to provide you with the ultimate streaming experience.
Some features available
- Simple interface and background threads for the best performance
- Web crawler returning over 50,000 movies, series, anime, subtitles and torrents
- Search movies by people, years and genre
- Bookmark files to be viewed later, and
- Filter files by format, host and sort alphabetically
- Includes an interal VLC media player
- Support for external players (Currently includes WMP, MPC & VLC - Open for requests)
- Simple built-in download client
- Collects metadata from OMDb API & Popcorn Time API
- Local cache updating every 12 hours
- 624 Stars
- 77 Forks
- 4 Open Issues