What is Notable?
Notable is a cross-platform note app. Notes are plain Markdown files, their metadata is stored as Markdown front matter. Attachments are also plain files, if you attach a picture.jpg to a note everything about it will be preserved, and it will remain accessible like any other file.
- No proprietary formats: Notable is just a pretty front-end for a structured folder and uses plain Markdown
- Notes get rendered as GitHub-flavored Markdown
- Indefinitely nestable tags
- Fuzzy search
- Code syntax highlighting
- Multi-note editing and search/replace
Although on GitHub, only older versions are open-source: https://github.com/notable/notable/blob/master/SOURCE_CODE.md
Notable Desktop Screenshots and Videos
- Support for MarkDownNotable supports MarkDown for document formatting.
- Ad-freeNotable doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- Works OfflineNotable can be used without the need to connect to the internet.
- Syntax HighlightingNotable supports syntax highlighting for various programming and markup languages.
- WYSIWYG SupportNotable integrates a WYSIWYG editor to edit the look and content of a document, page, or file.
- Privacy focusedNotable is considered a privacy friendly alternative.
- Distraction-freeNotable has a distraction-free mode for when you need to focus.
- No registration requiredYou can use most of the features in Notable without registration.
- Code FormattingNotable supports code formatting for multiple languages and code styles.
- File TaggingNotable can organize and highlight your files with tags and labels.
- Developed byFabio Spampinato
- LicensingProprietary and Free product.
- Written in
- RatingAverage rating of 3.6
- Alternatives69 alternatives listed
- 21,824 Stars
- 1,121 Forks
- 686 Open Issues
Our users have written 9 comments and reviews about Notable, and it has gotten 33 likes