What is Net Profiles?
With Net Profiles, mobile computing becomes a whole lot easier. It eliminates the need to manually reconfigure your network settings when you move your desktop/laptop computer to another location. Once a profile is created, Net Profiles can configure your IP settings, proxy settings, mapped drives, default printer, wallpaper, and screen resolution with a click of a button; as well as run any number of user-defined applications upon activation of a profile.
- Save your network settings as profiles.
- Automatically activate wireless profiles when specified wireless connections are detected. (XP only)
- Change IP Address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, Primary and Secondary DNS Servers, WINS Server, and DHCP settings with the click of a button.
- Specifiy different mapped drives for each profile.
- Change your default printer based on which profile you're currently using.
- Automatically change your profile via program shortcuts created with Net Profiles.
- Change the default homepage for Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Opera.
- Proxy settings for Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Opera.
- Run a user-defined list of programs when a profile is activated.
- Maintain seperate desktop wallper for each profile.
- Change screen resolutions and color quality when profiles are activated.
- Can be easily translated into other languages using the enclosed XML language file.
The program is no longer developed. Last version, 2.1.8, released on May 17, 2011, can be still downladed from Google Code Archive.
Net Profiles Desktop Screenshots and Videos
Net Profiles information
- LicensingOpen Source and Free product.
- RatingAverage rating of 2
- Alternatives14 alternatives listed
Our users have written 2 comments and reviews about Net Profiles, and it has gotten 11 likes
Comments and Reviews Post a comment/review
Net Profiles platform details