Enhance your Music Library experience by adding tags to your songs. Find your favourite songs later by searching for your tags directly in the Music app or using Smart Playlists.
Anytime you’re listening to your music, use the configurable global shortcut (ctrl+alt+cmd+T by default) to quickly find details about the current playing track and add or remove tags.
## How it works?
Tags are stored in the track’s Grouping field with a specific format where each tag is wrapped by angle brackets. More Info »
This makes it convenient when searching tags within the Music app either by using smart playlists or by entering any tag in the search field since Music app also indexes the Grouping field.
Also, tags can coexist with any other existing grouping content while there’s enough space to store them. In case the tags don’t fit the remaining space MusicTagger will inform you before saving so you can chose between discarding some tags or removing the existing grouping to make them fit.
One of the benefits of storing the tags in the grouping field (rather than using playlists to group these tracks for instance) is that the tags are stored in the file’s metadata so they are automatically included in backups or when copying the media to another system and also they are added back when importing the file again to another Music Library.
* Works both with iTunes and the new Music app (introduced in macOS Catalina)
* Configurable global shortcut
* Automatically suggests tags from the existing ones in the Library while typing
* Quick access for changing the rating and love status of the current song
* Tags are synchronized to other devices when using the iCloud Music Library
* Can be used as an alternative mini-player for iTunes/Music
* Dark mode support