MPlayerX is an open source project which aims to be the most powerful, beautiful, easy to use multimedia player on Mac OS X.
- Free • Open Source
- Media Player
What is MPlayerX?
MPlayerX is an open source project which aims to be the most powerful, beautiful, easy to use multimedia player on Mac OS X. MPlayerX is armed by FFmpeg and MPlayer, which means it could handle any media format in the world without extra plug-ins or codec packages. Additionally, MPlayerX is inspired by QuickTime Player, with a black interface and in-frame minimal controls. All of this helps users to focus on the contents, rather than software itself.
- Play almost any format of file or stream.
- Multi-touch. Control the player with your fingers.
- Intelligently detecting the encoding of the subtitles. No need for encoding conversion.
- Direct pass through. Connect, play, enjoy your home theater.
- Multi-monitor support. Wanna work while watching your collection? just drag and F.
- Apple Remote support. Watch your favorites in sofa, more comfortable. -Automatically find the next episode. Enjoy the whole afternoon, with just one click.
- Forget where you stopped playing last time? MPlayerX won't.
- Youtube.com support: MPlayerX could stream youtube audio and video. Just input the URL of the webpage in youtube.com which you may find in the address bar of the web browser, MPlayerX will play it for you seamlessly.
MPlayerX has been bundled with malwares, including adware. See the VirusTotal scan results at https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/6f1e9d7dc6b52af887b5e1bee6e0d0366345fb53c752ca23b98a9cf9b647fd49/analysis/1441451188/
Installer contains possible malware:https://www.symantec.com/security_response/attacksignatures/detail.jsp?asid=29897
- 1,036 Stars
- 276 Forks
- 11 Open Issues
Comments and Reviews
Said about MPlayerX as an alternative
Because it's a movie player, for chrissake, you idiots
It's the best media player for Mac, it behaves like a native mac app, the same beautiful design of QuickTime but reads a lot of video formats, I highly recommend MPlayerX!
- Media Player
- Youtube player
CategoryVideo & Movies
Recent user activities on MPlayerX
- damino liked MPlayerXda
- comanchero added MPlayerX as alternative(s) to piCorePlayer
- POX added MPlayerX as alternative(s) to OMXPlayer
MplayerX looks exactly like Quicktime X, which was probably the developer's original intention. And that's not a bad thing.
It looks better than VLC and is more Mac-like, and yes years ago I recommended it; it really was the better way to play videos and audios on a Mac. But now ... Now it's a buggy piece of software and it was devastated by the developer, finally to adware. It comes with an installer (on a Mac!), which tries to install Yahoo, Opera and other things on your Mac. I don't know, why there is still a donation button on the site. I'm really sorry for the destruction of this great project.