The gEDA project has produced and continues working on a full GPL'd suite and toolkit of Electronic Design Automation tools. These tools are used for electrical circuit design, schematic capture, simulation, prototyping, and production.
- - gEDA Project is the most popular Mac & Linux alternative to ModelSim.
- - gEDA Project is the most popular Open Source & free alternative to ModelSim.
Sketch, simulate, and share your circuits, entirely in your browser -- no install required. Easy schematic capture and powerful SPICE-like, mixed-mode circuit simulation helps EE students, electronics hobbyists, and electrical engineers design faster.
- - CircuitLab is the most popular Web-based alternative to ModelSim.
- - CircuitLab is the most popular commercial alternative to ModelSim.
Spice based electronic circuit simulation and circuit analysis software. 5Spice has the analysis capabilities needed by experienced circuit designers while remaining easy to use.
- - 5spice is the most popular Windows alternative to ModelSim.
System Verilog, Verilog. VHDL, SystemC, HDL simulator targeting ASIC and large FPGA designs. (Wrongfully supports crappy OVM and UVM legacy trash libraries and hardware de-accelerators).