Meta is a complete tool that helps you manage your digital music collection. It allows for easily editing audio metadata (tags) such as a song's artist, title, album, artwork, etc…
• Supported Formats:
- Audio files: .mp3 .mp4 .m4a .flac .ogg .oga .opus .speex .wav .aiff
- Metadata: ID3v1, ID3v2.3/v2.4, APE, MP4, Vorbis, INFO Tags.
- Straightforward, native user interface that follows macOS' Standards.
- Batch Editing: Apply changes to a selection of files at once.
- Preview audio and artworks without leaving Meta, using Quick Look.
- Perform string transformations.
- Find and replace text, or regular expressions.
- Rename files, extract tags from file names, or even create directories by specifying metadata patterns.
- Easily set or export album artworks using drag & drop.
- Adjust artworks (scale, crop, compress) either on demand, or automatically upon adding new artwork, to keep your audio files size to a minimum.... More Info »
…and there's more:
- Generate track number sequences: just choose an index and increment, and Meta will do the rest.
- Batch cut/copy/paste metadata: very useful in-app, and to exchange data with Numbers or Excel spreadsheets as CSV.
- Take advantage of handy file operations, in-app (move, delete, open with, reveal in finder, etc…)
- Utility popovers that help you edit long text (lyrics, comments), BPM (tap tempo), or dates so you don’t have to worry about what format to use.
• iTunes Friendly:
Add selected tracks to iTunes, or refresh their metadata once edited in Meta.
Optionally get autocomplete suggestions from iTunes’s database.
• Meta’s Interface can be Customised:
View Configurations allow you to define lists of tags you want to view/edit.
You can then quickly switch between configurations, depending on your needs (for example: common, advanced, sorting, podcast-related, etc…)
• Fast, Clean, and Reliable:
Meta is powered by a well-tested open-source tagging engine called Taglib.