Maxel speeds up your downloads by splitting each file into parts and downloading them simultaneously, maximizing your bandwidth.
Maxel also manages your downloads, starting the next download when bandwidth is available and re-trying ones that fail automatically.
Partial downloads are no problem either: Maxel saves its progress and can resume your downloads even if your mac restarts.
- Drag & drop snippets of webpages into Maxel to download any links within
- Browser Extensions: Kickoff downloads from within Safari or Chrome (others coming soon)
- Built-in Browser: Log into file sharing websites from Maxel's browser and let Maxel do the downloading
- Compute MD5/SHA1 hashes of files to detect corruption
- SSH public key authentication for SFTP
- API for adding downloads in scripts... More Info »
Maxel supports the following protocols: http, https, sftp, ftp