Chemaxon Marvin Alternatives
Avogadro is an advanced molecule editor and visualizer designed for cross-platform use in computational chemistry, molecular modeling, bioinformatics, materials science, and related areas.
- - Avogadro is the most popular Windows, Mac & Linux alternative to Chemaxon Marvin.
- - Avogadro is the most popular Open Source & free alternative to Chemaxon Marvin.
The Gnome Chemistry Utils include six chemistry related programs:
- GChemPaint, a 2D chemical formula editor.
- a chemical calculator (computes raw formule, molar weight, mass composition and isotopic pattern).
- a molecule 3d viewer using OpenGL to display molecular models. .
Gnome Chemistry Utils Features
ChemistryLab is a chemical laboratory simulation application designed for the Android platform. It serves as a derivative version of the original ChemistryLab, developed by Tran Thanh Tùng, maintaining the same functionality while introducing modifications to the user...
- - ChemistryLab is the most popular Android & Android Tablet alternative to Chemaxon Marvin.
BKChem is a free (as in free software :o) chemical drawing program. It was conceived and written by Beda Kosata and is currently maintained by Reinis Danne.
The last release was in 2010.
ACD/ChemSketch is a chemically intelligent drawing interface that allows you to draw almost any chemical structure including organics, organometallics, polymers, and Markush structures. Use it to produce professional looking structures and diagrams for reports and publications.
JChemPaint is an editor and viewer for chemical structures in 2D. It is free and open source software, written in Java and so it runs on Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and Unix systems. There is a standalone application (editor), and two varieties of applet (editor and viewer) that...
If you are looking for a chemical sketcher or an alternative to your current chemical drawing application, there is no better choice than ChemDoodle. ChemDoodle works on all operating systems (both 32 and 64 bit), has one of the largest feature sets in the industry, has the most...
- - ChemDoodle is the most popular iPhone & iPad alternative to Chemaxon Marvin.
- - ChemDoodle is the most popular commercial alternative to Chemaxon Marvin.
MollyCule is a completely free Open Source Chemistry visualisation program for MacOS, Linux and Windows. MollyCule is designed to be a nice, easy to use program to help ordinary people who want to explore Chemistry.Discontinued
Last update appears to be August 2011.
XDrawChem is a free software program for drawing chemical structural formulas, available for Unix and Mac OS. It is distributed under the GNU GPL. In Microsoft Windows this program is called WinDrawChem.Discontinued
Last release (1.10.2-1) was in January 2017.
speciolab is a modern yet easy-to-use chemical drawing software that is aimed at helping students, companies and other users to draw clean and orderly chemical structures for reports, theses and presentations.