What is Keepass2Android?
Keepass2Android is an open source password manager application for Android. It reads and writes .kdbx-files, the database format used by the popular KeePass 2.x Password Safe for Windows and other desktop operating systems. The user interface is based on Keepassdroid (by Brian Pellin), ported from Java to Mono for Android. The backend uses the original KeePass libraries to handle file access to ensure file format compatibility.
Main features of the App are
- read/write support for .kdbx (KeePass 2.x) files
- integrates with nearly every Android browser (see below)
- QuickUnlock: Unlock your database once with your full password, re-open it by typing just a few characters (see below)
- Integrated Soft-Keyboard: Switch to this keyboard for entering user credentials. This shields you from clipboard based password sniffers (see below)
- support for editing entries including additional string fields, file attachments, tags etc.
- Note: please install Keepass2Android (non offline version) if you want to open files directly from a webserver (FTP/WebDAV).
- search dialog with all search options from KeePass 2.x.
- 3,589 Stars
- 338 Forks
- 883 Open Issues