The most popular alternative is Marvin, which is free. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked 6 alternatives to JChemPaint so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting JChemPaint alternatives are BKchem (Free, Open Source), XDrawChem (Free, Open Source), ACD/ChemSketch (Free Personal) and ChemDoodle (Paid).
- Marvin suite is a chemically intelligent desktop toolkit built to help you draw, edit, publish, render, import and export your chemical structures and as well as allowing you to...
- BKChem is a free (as in free software :o) chemical drawing program. It was conceived and written by Beda Kosata and is currently maintained by Reinis Danne.
- XDrawChem is a free software program for drawing chemical structural formulas, available for Unix and Mac OS. It is distributed under the GNU GPL.
- ACD/ChemSketch is a chemically intelligent drawing interface that allows you to draw almost any chemical structure including organics, organometallics, polymers, and Markush...
- If you are looking for a chemical sketcher or an alternative to your current chemical drawing application, there is no better choice than ChemDoodle.
- Communicate with the natural language of chemical structures, biological pathways, and models