JCDSee Web Photo Gallery is a separate project from the JCDSee desktop Java client. It is a web-based photo viewing / cataloging system written in Perl.
JCDSee Web Photo Gallery creates an HTML directory listing of any folders it finds so that they can be browsed as a website. Folders can contain any type of document, but it handles photos especially well by creating multiple sizes, navigation helpers and a slideshow mode for sequential viewing. More Info »
• Recognizes 5 general file types: image, folder, music, text and "unknown". "unknown" file types can include video, or anything else, but will not have an icon unless you provide one manually.
• Will generate & cache thumbnail icons of any jpeg, gif or png files it finds.
• Four image display modes: list, thumb, single and slide.
• Fast: Properly handles slow Internet connections via pre-caching images.
• Allows owner to add description of each file / folder.
• Supports dating / numbering of files and folders.
• Internationalized: supports UTF-8 file / folder names, URLs and descriptions.
• Private: No login, cookies, etc. required.
• Accessible: Can be used with screen readers, keyboard navigation, etc.