ReIcon is portable freeware that enables you to save and restore your desktop layout. If you frequently change your screen resolution (e.g. to play games or use applications that require a specific resolution), you are probably familiar with the problem of your desktop icons...
- - ReIcon is the most popular Windows alternative to IconRestorer.
- - ReIcon is the most popular free alternative to IconRestorer.
Restore your desktop when the icons get “rearranged”.
Melba23 and I found we were working on very similar ideas to restore the Desktop icons to their normal place if they became “rearranged”. Vista seems to like this doing on occasion just for fun – but we all know some applicat.
- - ICU - Icon Configuration Utility is the most popular Open Source alternative to IconRestorer.
ICU - Icon Configuration Utility Features
It records the layout and positions of icons and programs on the Windows Desktop, and permits restoration of the layout. It appears to operate correctly under Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows 2000 and Windows XP.
It instantly finds the position of the icons after a change of resolution, a crash, or an untimely rearrangement of the desktop. Two additional options allow automatic activation every time the program is started and / or activated, without intervention, at each change of...
DesktopShelves helps you fight the clutter on your desktop by organizing files on shelves. A shelf the size of 5 icons holds 20 files.
- - DesktopShelves is the most popular Mac alternative to IconRestorer.
- - DesktopShelves is the most popular commercial alternative to IconRestorer.
The program is no longer updated. Last version, 2.1.4, released in November 2013, can be still bought from Mac App Store.