Glide Engine Alternatives
The most popular alternative is Godot Engine, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked 27 alternatives to Glide Engine so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting Glide Engine alternatives are Unity (Free Personal), LÖVE (Free, Open Source), Cocos2d-x (Free, Open Source) and Phaser (Free, Open Source).
- Godot is a fully featured, open source, MIT licensed game engine. It focuses on having great tools, and a visual oriented workflow that can export to PC, Mobile and Web platforms.
- Unity is a multi-platform game development tool, designed from the start to ease creation.
- Hi there! LÖVE is an *awesome* framework you can use to make 2D games in Lua. It's free, open-source, and works on Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Android and iOS.
- cocos2d-x is a cross platform open source free 2D game engine for mobile gamedev, that is fast and stable, easy to learn and use.
- Phaser is a fun, free and fast 2D game framework for making HTML5 games for desktop and mobile web browsers, supporting Canvas and WebGL rendering.
- One framework for creating powerful cross-platform games. The spiritual successor to XNA with 1000's of titles shipped across desktop, mobile, and console platforms.
- Libgdx is a Java game development framework that provides a unified API that works across all supported platforms.
- Pygame is a set of Python modules designed for writing games. Pygame adds functionality on top of the excellent SDL library.
- AppGameKit is a simple cross platform game development tool that runs on Windows, Linux, MacOS and Raspberry Pi. A version to run on Android and iOS is also available.
- AppGameKit Studio is a fully featured cross-platform game development tool set that runs on Windows, Linux and MacOS.