Open Source GitBook AlternativesDocumentation Generators and other similar apps like GitBook
BookStack is a free and open source knowledge management platform built on PHP. The system has been built around simplicity to ensure that adding information to it is not a chore. The content structure is built on the metaphors of Books, Chapters & Pages.
Suggest and vote on features
- - BookStack is the most popular Web-based, Linux & Self-Hosted alternative to GitBook.
- - BookStack is the most popular Open Source & free alternative to GitBook.
Comments about BookStack as a Alternative to GitBookMost users think BookStack is a great GitBook alternative.
is not like gitbook,is more another php site generate for a online book if you're a writter.4
BookStack is a knowledge base, it's dynamic. Gitbook is a static website generator for books and documentation.0
Foam is a personal knowledge management and sharing system inspired by Roam Research, built on Visual Studio Code and GitHub.Suggest and vote on features
DokuWiki is a standards compliant, simple to use Wiki, mainly aimed at creating documentation of any kind. It is targeted at developer teams, workgroups and small companies. It has a simple but powerful syntax which makes sure the datafiles remain readable outside the Wiki and...Suggest and vote on features
Sigil is a multi-platform ebook editor. It is designed to edit books in ePub format.Suggest and vote on features
Opinions about Sigil as a Alternative to GitBookThis alternative is disputed. Sigil is still a legitimate GitBook alternative, but it might have issues that some users think are important.
Write your content in the widely used and simple Markdown format, using the built-in visual editor. Unlike other wiki software that save content in a database with a difficult to extract format, Wiki.js saves all your content directly into Markdown (.Suggest and vote on features
- Support for MarkDownWiki.js supports MarkDown for document formatting.
- Git SupportWiki.js supports Git, a free and open source distributed version control system.
- WYSIWYG SupportWiki.js integrates a WYSIWYG editor to edit the look and content of a document, page, or file.
- Real time collaborationMultiple users can work together in Wiki.js simultaneously.
Gitbook alternative in Rust.
Comments about mdBook as a Alternative to GitBookAlmost everyone thinks mdBook is a great GitBook alternative.Guest
The Gitbook CLI application is no longer maintained, since they moved to a commercial solution. mdBook is a new and currently maintained implementation which is easy to install and is (for the most part) compatible with gitbook.1
Docusaurus is a project for easily building, deploying, and maintaining open source project websites.Suggest and vote on features
- Support for MarkDownDocusaurus supports MarkDown for document formatting.
- LightweightDocusaurus consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- Extensible by Plugins/ExtensionsDocusaurus can be extended with add-ons, plugins and extensions.
- WYSIWYG SupportDocusaurus integrates a WYSIWYG editor to edit the look and content of a document, page, or file.
- Ad-freeDocusaurus doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- Works OfflineDocusaurus can be used without the need to connect to the internet.
- No Coding RequiredDocusaurus can be used without an coding or programming skills.
Comments about Docusaurus as a Alternative to GitBookpros, cons and recent comments
its Open Source and not Freemium like gitbook with pay plans and limitations, is mainteined for Facebook inc, Opensource projects.0
The goal of the blogdown package is to provide a powerful and customizable website output format for R Markdown. Use dynamic R Markdown documents to build webpages featuring:Blogdown has no features, suggest some!
MkDocs is static site generator that's geared towards building project documentation. Documentation source files are written in Markdown, and configured with a single YAML configuration file.Suggest and vote on features
- Extensible by Plugins/ExtensionsMkDocs can be extended with add-ons, plugins and extensions.
Read the Docs hosts documentation for the open source community. It supports Sphinx docs written with reStructuredText, and can pull from your Subversion, Bazaar, Git, and Mercurial repositories. The code is open source, and available on github.Suggest and vote on features
Read The Docs Features
Opinions about Read The Docs as a Alternative to GitBookMost users think Read The Docs is a great GitBook alternative.
docsify generates your documentation website on the fly. Unlike GitBook, it does not generate static html files. Instead, it smartly loads and parses your Markdown files and displays them as website. All you need to do is create an index.Suggest and vote on features
Comments about Docsify.js as a Alternative to GitBookAlmost everyone thinks Docsify.js is a great GitBook alternative.Guest
Almost the same as GitBook0