A fast and friendly git client for Mac and Windows
- Paid • Proprietary
- Git Client
- Version Control System
What is Fork?
Fork is a fast and friendly git client for Mac and Windows.
- Fetch, pull, push
- Commit, amend
- Create and delete branches and tags
- Create and delete remote repos
- Checkout branch or revision
- Cherry-pick, revert
- Merge, rebase
Work with repository:
- Create, clone or add existing repos
- Open recent repository quickly
- Stage / unstage changes line-by-line
- Access to recent commit messages
Comments and Reviews
- Git Client
- Version Control
- Web Development
- Developer Tools
CategoriesDevelopment • OS & Utilities
Lists containing ForkCore, Development & Services • A experimentar • My favorite macOS apps • macOS Apps of West
Recent user activities on Fork
- mjerred added Fork as alternative(s) to Git Glint
- RealScientist247 reviewed ForkIt says it has a free evaluation but it lasts forever apparently as I have used it for a year now. For a free app its incredible and its a more advanced version of GitHub Desktop at this moment in time and will offer easier solution than the Git CLI that GitHub Desktop cant do yet.
- RealScientist247 liked Fork
Previous longtime sourcetree user. Fork fells way more responsive, has better UX and the same if not more functionality compared to sourcetree. This is super astonishing taken that only two people develop this lovely software. My Highlights:
What sourcetree does better
I switched from Mercurial to Git and was searching for a replacement for TortoiseHg. This was simply the best free Git client I found. The user interface is slick, it's simple and straight forward to use. There is a feedback button in the app, and using it made the developers reply within 2 hours or so - amazing.
It says it has a free evaluation but it lasts forever apparently as I have used it for a year now. For a free app its incredible and its a more advanced version of GitHub Desktop at this moment in time and will offer easier solution than the Git CLI that GitHub Desktop cant do yet.
The Perfect Git Experience. Everything is laid down in perfectly readable and easy to understand list. Needed data is 1-click away from search in any of the open panels (Yes, file-tree, blame view, change list, commit information, all perfectly searchable and copy-able), great support and guidance of the project by the Fork team and it is a ONE TIME PURCHASE for a lifetime! You can't get better than this.
This is one of the few pieces of software out there that I'd actually consider to be great! Both elegant and functional, a native app with feature parity on both macOS and Windows. Wonderful!
It's truly the best Git GUI for Windows / Mac. Easy to use, very powerful and with the great UI
Still great, but not free anymore. Not too pricey at $49 though.
The program is 100% free, without any limitations. You can buy the license, if you feel like supporting the developers. It is pretty much donation-ware at this point.
Reply written ago