Self-hosted VPN server and Linux firewall using WireGuard
- Free • Open Source
- VPN Service
- Virtual LAN Software
What is Firezone?
Firezone is an open-source VPN server and egress firewall for Linux that makes it simple to manage secure remote access to your company’s private networks. Built on modern technologies, including the new blazing fast WireGuard tunneling protocol, Firezone is lightweight and easy to set up while being up to 3-4x faster than alternative solutions like OpenVPN and IPsec.
- Fast: Uses WireGuard® to be 3-4 times faster than OpenVPN.
- SSO Integration: Authenticate using any identity provider with an OpenID Connect (OIDC) connector.
- No dependencies: All dependencies are bundled thanks to Chef Omnibus.
- Simple: Takes minutes to set up. Manage via a simple CLI.
- Secure: Runs unprivileged. HTTPS enforced. Encrypted cookies.
- Firewall included: Uses Linux nftables to block unwanted egress traffic.
- 3,852 Stars
- 168 Forks
- 40 Open Issues
Comments and Reviews
- Security & Privacy
- Remote Desktop
CategoriesDevelopment • Security & Privacy • Network & Admin • Remote Work & Education
Recent user activities on Firezone
- mtag liked Firezonemt
- ledgermedia added Firezone as alternative(s) to PaladinVPN
- mzs_47 liked Firezonem4
It's an easy to install and use modern self-hosted alternative to OpenVPN that uses Wireguard.