Fences allows you to compartmentalize and organize your desktop by dividing it into sections. As paid Windows software, many of you might be looking for free alternatives to Fences. Also, since it is exclusively available on Windows, others will be looking for similar software available on macOS and Linux.
- SideSlide is an advanced, portable, unobtrusive, dockable, skinnable, instantly accessible, highly configurable Desktop Extension on Steroids!
- iCollections is an expertly designed application which helps you keep your desktop organized.
- Organizes desktop into customizable containers - showing folders (e.g.: local folders, network locations) contents, displayed as icons/thumbnails on scrollable surface.
- Restore your desktop when the icons get “rearranged”.
- DragThing is the original dock designed to tidy up your Macintosh desktop.
- XLaunchpad gives you instant access to all your shortcuts. Arrange apps in XLaunchpad any way you like by dragging icons to different locations or by grouping apps in folders.
- ToolBox is an application launcher for Windows operating systems with many amazing features. Easy to install, you can get going in minutes.
- The app lets you create groups of related files on your desktop. You can freely move groups of files around on your desktop and add or remove files via drag & drop.
- DesktopShelves helps you fight the clutter on your desktop by organizing files on shelves. A shelf the size of 5 icons holds 20 files.