The most popular alternative is Gramps, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked 40 alternatives to FamilySearch.org so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting FamilySearch.org alternatives are WikiTree.com (Free), MyHeritage (Freemium), webtrees (Free, Open Source) and Ancestry (Freemium).
- Gramps is a Free Software Project for Genealogy, offering a professional cross-platform genealogy program, and a wiki open to all.
- The WikiTree community is growing a free worldwide family tree. The site is 100% free. There are no premium memberships.
- MyHeritage is a family-oriented social network service and genealogy website.
- Webtrees is a free, open source, website based, collaborative genealogy application.
- Discover your family history and start your family tree. Try free and access over 7 billion genealogy records including Census, SSDI & Military records.
- Ancestris is a free software suitable for all genealogists. It is available on all operating systems.
- You are made of cells. And the cells in your body have 23 pairs of chromosomes. Your chromosomes are made of DNA, which can tell you a lot about you.
- RootsMagic Family Tree Software - Smart Computing Magazine calls RootsMagic 'the best genealogy program we've seen'. Free trial version.
- Ahnenblatt is genealogy software for Windows. (Use Portable Version for Linux with Wine) Designed to manage your genealogy data and to generate reports and graphical trees.
- Explore your personal family history and discover your origins, your ancestors and how your family has evolved over the course of time.