What is DeClutter: File Tagger and Organizer ?
DeClutter is a desktop application built on PySide2. It has 2 main features:
- automated files processing based on rules
- tagger: a simple file manager that allows tagging files and folders with user defined tags
DeClutter doesn't magically clean up your file mess, but it provides a set of tools that can be incorporated into your file management and archiving policies.
Some common use cases are:
- automated deletion of old files in Downloads folder
- quick navigation by tags - it's much more intuitive than navigation by folder tree because we don't normally think in tree structures
- you can organize files in your "Downloads" folder by automatically moving them to subfolders based on their type, date, etc.
- you can set the "expiration time" for files (using tags) and DeClutter will delete them automatically when they expire
- if you work on a project in a system that saves new versions with incremental numbers (like FL Studio or Reaper) you can automatically move older versions of project files to a subfolder, keeping only N recent versions
Tagger is a simple file browser where you can:
- tag files
- view all tagged files
- filter files (using the same mechanism as rule conditions)
- preview media files There are also tag groups and you can setup a group so that only one tag from this group can be applied to a file. This is useful when you want to define a "parameter" that can have only one value - for example, file rating, file expiration time, etc.
DeClutter: File Tagger and Organizer Screenshots
DeClutter: File Tagger and Organizer information
- 28 Stars
- 0 Forks
- 3 Open Issues