The most popular alternative is Docker, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked 18 alternatives to containerd so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting containerd alternatives are Nanobox (Paid, Open Source), Podman (Free, Open Source), LXC Linux Containers (Free, Open Source) and Apache Mesos (Free, Open Source).
- Enterprise-focused container platform for building, sharing, and running any application.
- Automate complex infrastructure tasks so you can get back to what really matters.
- podman is a daemonless container runtime for managing containers, pods, and container images.
- Containers which offer an environment as close as possible as the one you'd get from a VM but without the overhead that comes with running a separate kernel and simulating all the hardware.
- Apache Mesos is a cluster manager that simplifies the complexity of running applications on a shared pool of servers.
- OpenVZ is container-based virtualization for Linux.
- A security-minded, standards-based container engine.
- Deis is an open source PaaS that leverages Docker, CoreOS and Heroku Buildpacks to provide a private application platform that is lightweight and flexible.
- Singularity is a container solution with a focus on building reproducible software stacks and running them most efficiently on existing HPC, scientific, compute farm and even enterprise architectures.
- The FreeBSD jail mechanism is an implementation of operating system-level virtualization that allows system administrators to partition a FreeBSD-based computer system into...