Free Construct 2 AlternativesTop Game Development Tools and other similar apps like Construct 2
Godot Engine is a feature-packed, cross-platform game engine to create 2D and 3D games from a unified interface. It provides a comprehensive set of common tools, so that users can focus on making games without having to reinvent the wheel.
Suggest and vote on features
- - Godot Engine is the most popular Windows, Mac & Linux alternative to Construct 2.
- - Godot Engine is the most popular Open Source & free alternative to Construct 2.
Godot Engine Features
- LightweightGodot Engine consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- PortableGodot Engine can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
- Works OfflineGodot Engine can be used without the need to connect to the internet.
- Keyframe AnimationCompositions can be keyframed in Godot Engine, allowing you to change the parameters over time.
- MultiplayerGodot Engine offers a game mode for more than one player.
- No registration requiredYou can use most of the features in Godot Engine without registration.
- Ad-freeGodot Engine doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- Support for scriptingGodot Engine supports scripts and macros to automate or customize tasks.
- Dark ModeGodot Engine supports dark mode for comfortable usage in low light conditions.
Comments about Godot Engine as a Alternative to Construct 2pros, cons and recent commentsGuest
Construct 2 does not require any proggraming to use, GODOT requires that you learn a proggraming language.-1
GDevelop is an open-source game making software designed to be used by everyone. Any kind of 2D games can be created with it and no programming skills are required to get started. Logic of games are made using visual events.
Suggest and vote on features
- - GDevelop is the most popular Web-based, Android, iPhone, iPad & Android Tablet alternative to Construct 2.
Comments about GDevelop as a Alternative to Construct 2Almost everyone thinks GDevelop is a great Construct 2 alternative.Guest
Using a very similar event system as Construct 2. It is HTML5 based like Construct 2. Can export directly to mobile and desktop like Construct 3 It got a version that runs in the browser that we can use even on Chrome OS. It got a desktop version that runs on Windows, Linux and Mac. It got a great, welcoming community, best place for complete beginners. Completely free and open-source.5Guest
User Interface is similar to Construct 22Guest
with gdevelop we can make 2d makes without writing a single line of code thanks to the events editor2
The Wick Editor is a free and open-source tool for creating games, animations, and everything in-between. It's designed to be the most accessible tool for creating multimedia projects on the web. Your creations can run on any device with a web browser - that means mobile too.
Suggest and vote on features
- - Wick Editor is the most popular Self-Hosted alternative to Construct 2.
Wick Editor Features
- Support for LayersWick Editor supports the organization of elements through a hierarchical order that can be manipulated/viewed independently.
- Onion skinningWick Editor allows you to see through several frames simultaneously and make sure the lines of each frame are correctly lined up.
- Automated TweeningWick Editor can automatically generate the inbetweens from two keyframes, to carry out a smooth transition.
- Keyframe AnimationCompositions can be keyframed in Wick Editor, allowing you to change the parameters over time.
- LightweightWick Editor consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- Ad-freeWick Editor doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- Works OfflineWick Editor can be used without the need to connect to the internet.
Scratch is a programming language that makes it easy to create your own interactive stories, animations, games, music, and art -- and share your creations on the web. As young people create and share Scratch projects, they learn important mathematical and computational ideas...Suggest and vote on features
The completely free and open-source game engine Defold solves the technical issues we all have in common when making games. That way, you can focus on being creative and building a great game.Suggest and vote on features
Defold Engine Features
- Dark ModeDefold Engine supports dark mode for comfortable usage in low light conditions.
- Extensible by Plugins/ExtensionsDefold Engine can be extended with add-ons, plugins and extensions.
- LightweightDefold Engine consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- Works OfflineDefold Engine can be used without the need to connect to the internet.
A refreshingly simple data-driven game engine built in Rust. Free and Open Source Forever!Suggest and vote on features
Bevy Game Engine Features
RPG Paper Maker is a free game maker engine including a 3D universe with many 2D sprites and some simplified 3D objects. Pretty close to the RPG Maker series, RPG Paper Maker finally give a way to create RPGs in a totally 3D universe as easy as it is in 2D!Suggest and vote on features
RPG Paper Maker Features
One framework for creating powerful cross-platform games. The spiritual successor to XNA with 1000's of titles shipped across desktop, mobile, and console platforms. MonoGame is a fully managed .NET open source game framework without any black boxes.Suggest and vote on features
ENIGMA, the Extensible Non-Interpreted Game Maker Augmentation, is an open source cross-platform game development environment derived from that of the popular software GameMaker Legacy.ENIGMA - LateralGM has no features, suggest some!
microStudio is a free game engine online. Create games, learn programming, play, share, prototype and jam!.Suggest and vote on features
ct.js is a 2D game editor (desktop app) based on web technologies. It aims to be an extensible yet simple game-making tool, accessible for both newbies and experienced game developers.Suggest and vote on features
- Ad-freect.js doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- No registration requiredYou can use most of the features in ct.js without registration.
- Works Offlinect.js can be used without the need to connect to the internet.
- Lightweightct.js consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
Banquise is a global community of players and creators. Create any games or other interactive content in no-code and share it with the whole community.Suggest and vote on features
- User RatingBanquise supports user ratings and reviews to help you make up your mind.
- No TrackingBanquise will not track you or use your personal data.
- CrowdsourcedBanquise uses suggestions, information, etc., from a large group of people to improve the quality of the content.
- LightweightBanquise consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- No Coding RequiredBanquise can be used without an coding or programming skills.
- GamificationBanquise makes use of game-design elements such as point scoring, competition, achievements, etc.
- No registration requiredYou can use most of the features in Banquise without registration.
- Ad-freeBanquise doesn't contain any form of external advertising.