Welcome to Amphetamine4, the most awesome keep-awake utility ever created for macOS. Amphetamine can keep your Mac, and optionally its display, awake through a super simple on/off switch, or automatically through easy-to-configure Triggers.
- - Amphetamine is the most popular Mac alternative to Coffee_FF.
- - Amphetamine is the most popular free alternative to Coffee_FF.
If you have problems with your PC locking or going to sleep, caffeine will keep it awake. It works by simulating a keypress once every 59 seconds, so your machine thinks you're still working at the keyboard, so won't lock the screen or activate the screensaver.
- - Caffeine for Windows is the most popular Windows alternative to Coffee_FF.
Caffeine is a tiny program that puts an icon in the right side of your menu bar. Click it to prevent your Mac from automatically going to sleep, dimming the screen or starting screen savers. Click it again to go back. Hold down the Command key while clicking to show the menu.
Caffeine for Mac FeaturesDiscontinued
The last version (1.1.3) is from May 2020.
Inspired by the Mac OS X version, Caffeine for Linux is a status bar application able to temporarily prevent the activation of both the screensaver and the "sleep" powersaving mode.
- - Caffeine for Linux is the most popular Linux alternative to Coffee_FF.
- - Caffeine for Linux is the most popular Open Source alternative to Coffee_FF.
Caffeine for Linux Features
Annoyed by the display getting dim when you're reading or watching something? What if the computer could “see and hear” you?
- - Should I Sleep is the most popular commercial alternative to Coffee_FF.
KeepOn allows you to keep your device's screen on for the desired duration and also allows you to return to the default settings automaticaly when the screen turns off.
- - KeepOn is the most popular Android alternative to Coffee_FF.
Last update is from 2021.
Coffee allows you to keep the display awake without having to change the device settings. It can be toggled at various places:
Coffee: Keep Display Awake Features
Mouse Jiggler is a very simple piece of software whose sole function is to "fake" mouse input to Windows, and jiggle the mouse pointer back and forth.
Mouse Jiggler Features
NoDoze simulates keyboard/mouse activity to keep the screensaver from activating. Its activity depends on currently running programs. You can use regular expressions or Windows wildcards to choose when the screensaver is deactivated.