Chameleon is a Firefox extension to Spoof your browser profile. Includes a few privacy enhancing options.
- Free • Open Source
What is Chameleon WebExtension?
Chameleon is a WebExtension port of the popular Firefox addon Random Agent Spoofer . The UI is near identical and contains most of the features found in the original extension.
- Randomly select from a preset list of user agents.
- Choose between different platforms or device types.
- Use a custom user agent.
- Change user agent at interval.
- Spoof some header values.
- Modify referer options.
- Enable Do Not Track.
- Enable script injection.
- Enable tracking protection/etc.
- Disable WebSockets.
- Spoof screen size.
- Modify cookie options.
- about:config checklist to enhance your privacy.
Whitelist: Whitelist a profile for certain sites.
Chameleon WebExtension Screenshots
Chameleon WebExtension information
- 397 Stars
- 44 Forks
- 9 Open Issues
Comments and Reviews
Said about Chameleon WebExtension as an alternative
Chameleon is a very good add on. It has many options and the GUI is easy to use. It is open source and therefore tranpsarent. A very good feature as well is it allows a fake / random user agent to be "fixed"--and not rotated around each time or a set intervals. A lot of user agent , like Random User Agent do "not" allow you to set a fixed fake user agent--and rotating changing user agents can be less unique and stand out. It does what is sais very well.
- Security & Privacy
- Privacy Protection
- Web Browser
- Firefox Extension
CategoriesWeb Browsers • Security & Privacy
Lists containing Chameleon WebExtensionBrowser Extensions for Privacy and Security • Essential Browser Tools for Privacy
Recent user activities on Chameleon WebExtension
- Palets added Chameleon WebExtension as alternative(s) to ClearURLs
- POX added Chameleon WebExtension as alternative(s) to Vytal
- RemovedUser doesn't think 30 Seconds of Knowledge is an alternative to Chameleon WebExtension
Not only for experts!
My simple words: very good privacy add-on. My hope... not only for firefox.